***HTC Magic Thread***

I just tried this keyboard and tbh I was seriously unimpressed, sure it's better than the stock one on the Magic, but if you look on the Market for "TouchPal" they offer a keyboard replacement with T9, T9+ (2 letter per key) and qwerty that is much easier to use than the HTC one, as well as being much faster to run on a Magic, it has gestures as well for alternate characters, ie press the "." button with a small swipe down and you get a "," lets you type a lot faster than the HTC or stock keyboard.

:eek:

Touchpal have an Android version out?!?!

Runs off to download...

This was fantastic when I had a Windows Mobile device. Glad an Android version is out.

The only reason I don't use TouchPal is it's very slow to delete and generally lags compared to the default.

What's much worse is that in composing emails and SMS you cannot edit with the trackball!

Also, the orange bubbles get in the way of ur fast typer.

Close but no cigar.

The only reason I don't use TouchPal is it's very slow to delete text and generally lags compared to the default.

What's much worse is that in composing emails and SMS you cannot edit with the trackball!

Close but no cigar.

Been playing with the CooTek keyboard for a few minutes now...doesn't seem to offer anything the Hero keyboard doesn't apart from the swiping.

Why does it keep predicting 'equalkukn' when I try and complete the word 'equally'??

Argh, this is pants, I'm going back to the Hero kb.

Been playing with the CooTek keyboard for a few minutes now...doesn't seem to offer anything the Hero keyboard doesn't apart from the swiping.

Why does it keep predicting 'equalkukn' when I try and complete the word 'equally'??

Argh, this is pants, I'm going back to the Hero kb.

The hero buttons are smaller, and for inserting punctuation much more awkward, i use commas fairly frequently and having to hold down the button to access the alternative characters really slows me down.
No idea what's happening with your prediction, i can't make that happen here at all.

The only reason I don't use TouchPal is it's very slow to delete text and generally lags compared to the default.

Close but no cigar.

You can't use the trackball to move the cursor while it has predicted words listed, is that really an inconvenience, when do you do that?
End of the day I can type much faster, in my normal style, than with any other android keyboard, using TouchPal.

You can't use the trackball to move the cursor while it has predicted words listed, is that really an inconvenience, when do you do that?

Actually I find that annoying as well.

End of the day I can type much faster, in my normal style, than with any other android keyboard, using TouchPal.

No-one's saying you can't; don't get defensive. Horses for courses isn't it?

I'm going to france tomorrow and was just wondering what I can use on my phone without having to pay loadsamoney to vodaphone. For example will I get charged for using the digital compass or gps? Also is there a way to download the maps in google maps or skymap so I can view them offline?

No-one's saying you can't; don't get defensive. Horses for courses isn't it?

That must have come across wrongly because obviously what works for me might not for others. But I would be interested in factual discussions, I find the press and swipe of TouchPal makes typing much faster, than long hold or flicking to alternate screens.

on Touchpal if you open the keyboard out and swipe the whole keyboard left/right you can switch between input modes - neat!

I turned off next word prediction as it got in the way :p

Just ordered one, had to pay for a handset as I still have over 12 months to go on my contract, and am really looking forward to getting it after having read this thread.

With what I pay on my contract it's cheaper to pay for the phone than to get it "free" on a contract anyway.

At my age, 41, why am I now excited about getting my new toy? Sod it, I never want to be the type who doesn't enjoy getting new stuff ;)

Back
Top Bottom