***HTC Magic Thread***

I've downloaded SetCPU and overclocked min/max to 529MHz and omg it's a fair bit faster now, everything is just snappier, like going from a Vista UI to 7 UI, smoother!

I've downloaded SetCPU and overclocked min/max to 529MHz and omg it's a fair bit faster now, everything is just snappier, like going from a Vista UI to 7 UI, smoother!

Really? I assumed it worked on a sort of intel speed step-esque principle where it clocked higher for more intensive tasks and lower for less significant processes. Surely battery will suffer now?

ps, strictly speaking, that's a 1mhz overclock! :p

I installed cyanogen 4.0.2 last night, and to be honest I'm a little underwhelmed, it doesn't feel that much faster, a couple of the tweeks are useful like fitting more apps per line in the drawer. Autorotation on the home screen is actually a little irritating as it still takes 1-2 seconds to rotate, is there anything you can do to speed this up as I've seen videos of the G1 changing between portrait and landscape almost instantly.

Maybe you are alluding to my seemingly out of context post. Catch the latest episode on five player and you'll see what i mean.

I was! :p

If you'd have posted that missing information then I would have checked it out. They usually aren't a bad show for a heads up but I think limited time and having to cater for brain-dead easy-to-use market they try and simplify too much.

What you have highlighted is that some people would take their advice and maybe overlook the magic, where in fact this problem could easily be rectified or be an acceptable distraction. :cool:

I prefer the modded roms (4.0.2 for example) as they're just better - I have also added the drawer mod which allows hiding of unused apps and adding folder menus to the drawer too making it even more nicer.

I'm running the CPU at full speed (528mhz) for both min and max now which makes everything speedy and there is no chugging and with wifi on have not seen a huge drop in battery life (93% battery after about 1.5hours of being taken off the charger with wifi enabled btw and in a low reception building).

Only minor issue I have is that the lock screen has a strange line across the top of the box:

screenshot1251199623243.png

Anyone tethered their phone or gone over the 500mb a month fair usage yet?

So what is the best keyboard to use then? Everyone's opinion needed, oh and phonebook anyone using a good one?

So what is the best keyboard to use then? Everyone's opinion needed, oh and phonebook anyone using a good one?
Depends on the rom you're running, I put cyanogen 4.0.2 on mine last night and it's made TouchPal run unacceptably slowly, whereas it's made the Hero keyboard a hell of a lot more responsive, so I've currently moved to that, I still think the layout and function of the TouchPal T+ is the best.

just udated from cyanogen 3.9 to cyanogen 4.0.2, pleased to report that Weatherbug now works:D. however, browser has stopped working:mad:. have installed Opera Mini but need to know has anyone else had this problem:confused:

Opera Mini is crap, anyone using a different browser?

Last edited:
just udated from cyanogen 3.9 to cyanogen 4.0.2, pleased to report that Weatherbug now works:D. however, browser has stopped working:mad:. have installed Opera Mini but need to know has anyone else had this problem:confused:

Opera Mini is crap, anyone using a different browser?

after upgrading its recommended you run fix_permissions from recovery (CM recovery 1.4)

Bought a screen protector from some company thats linked to South America somehow and very pleased with the results. No responsiveness has been lost from the screen that i can tell. only cost £2.90 as well. All I need to do now is summon up the courage to root it and start sticking on these roms you're all going on about.

Back
Top Bottom