***HTC Magic Thread***

It's what happens round these parts :p

Edit*

The theme posted just above partially bricked my Magic. The phone booted and showed status bar area but would not load desktop or launcher drawer - had to boot into recovery mode as USB mounting was not working either then adb push the 4.0.2 update to the SD card and reflash which then put me back to 4.0.2 theme.

Interesting experience.....

Last edited:
It's what happens round these parts :p

Edit*

The theme posted just above partially bricked my Magic. The phone booted and showed status bar area but would not load desktop or launcher drawer - had to boot into recovery mode as USB mounting was not working either then adb push the 4.0.2 update to the SD card and reflash which then put me back to 4.0.2 theme.

Interesting experience.....

Ah, sorry to hear that mate :( Worked fine at this end, but there is an element of risk in all of this I guess.

Bejesus, when did this thread become so geeky?!! :D

I came back in here expected to read about the latest apps and news for the phone, not all this gobbledegook!

That's what happens - you play with the phone and the awesome apps available for a week or two, eventually get bored, and decide to get yer geek on :D

Yeahhh! I'm hoping the next release Cyanogen mode includes a neat theme addition :D

Performance is super for me now since I run the cpu at max speed and not noticed a hit on battery life.

Also I've seen 2500mAh batteries for the magic floating around, they are FAT and bulk up the phone too!

Task reminders?

Ditch that and use Google Calendar, it's all synced like Gmail and have a custom calendar set up for tasks.

I have this kind of setup:

gcal.jpg

Great thing is in Google Cal you can tell it to email you, txt you or pop up a message or all 3 at whatever reminder time you like per calendar type/event.

Another reason why Android PWNS everything else :p

Last edited:
Nope but then again I don't use Outlook :p

I had 100% battery this morning and by 23:00 had 3% battery left, in that time I had watched an episode of True Blood on it on the train, browsed the web and got train time tables over 3G (full reception in London got 119KBsec) and also played around in general on the phone with emails, settings and stuff as well as voice calls and text. I also downloaded AndFTP and uploaded files to my website from the phone which was much easier than I thought as I forgot my FTP logon details but remembered due to being a Google phone quickly searched my Gmail archives and found the confirmation email :D

So a solid days worth of usage, probably more than what most people would do with 3G enabled 70% of the day and with the cpu clocked at a static 384MHz

I think that's fair game battery wise!

mrk that certainly isn't bad! My problem is that even when I don't use the phone at all - a couple of texts and a short phone call, the phone's battery lasts about two days and I have almost everything turned off (GPS, WiFI, 3G, even gmail and calendar sync).

Back
Top Bottom