***HTC Magic Thread***

Ah gay, think I've bricked me SD card. Can't get the phone to read it and I don't have a microSD adapter so I can't check it in the PC.

EDIT: Lol, appears you cannot flash an older theme to a newer ROM. Fail.

Now I gotta learn adb. Oh well, it was gonna happen eventually :D

Last edited:
Will have a visa card waiting at home for me on Wednesday, so I will be able to buy some nice apps and what not and start properly to mess with the phone. Get a rom on the go, no more exams or revision now so lots of late nights for me. :)

Anyone here got one of the bigger batteries? Going to get me a nice screen protector and case. Going to go mrk on a dock aswell I think. Need to overclock it aswell, listening to last.fm while typing this and its pretty laggy. Whether or not it will make a differce we shall see.

Is it possible to remove the vodafone of the front? Paint? Acetone? Or something?

Just ordered mrk's cradle, read on xda-developers that some ones didn't fit snug, like platypus's one so we shall have to wait and see and also ordered 2 Epik case skins (blue & clear), going to use the screen protectors that come with the case skins unless they are pants or some one recommends others that are really good.

Will have to get myself a new SD card aswell.

Nice one! I don't know about removing the Vodafone logo, it looks flush printed instead of just printed on so removing would deface the glossy finish by the looks of it.

It's only a matter of time before replacement covers start cropping up over on ebay as this handset looks easier to take apart than Sony Ericsson ones and I used to do those regularly.

Lol:

Changes in v4.0.4
* Fixed settings FC
* Process scheduling group code from Donut
* Another possible fix for the phone number parsing issue
* Added bash in xbin
* Changed alarm clock timeout to 30 minutes because I sleep thru the 10 minute timeout
* Kernel tweaks

:p

Be interesting to see whats on the horizon with Vodafone. OK I have ~16 months left to run on my contract, but I'd like to know what upgrade is going to come to better the Magic!

Also; (I can check through my contract but atm am at work) does anyone know when Vodafone offer upgrades? Not had a contract with them before.

Hi platypus

If you are upgrading in store it can be done 60 days before your contract end date. If you upgrade online or over the phone you can upgrade in the last 70 days.

You can see the handsets we will be getting in the future on our Coming Soon page. Phones won't go on theere until it is guaranteed that they will be coming to Vodafone and sometimes that is very close to launch date.

I'm going to france tomorrow and was just wondering what I can use on my phone without having to pay loadsamoney to vodaphone. For example will I get charged for using the digital compass or gps? Also is there a way to download the maps in google maps or skymap so I can view them offline?

Hi bibalasvegas

You will be charged for data for any apps that access the internet through Vodafone.

All our data roaming costs are listed here.

Have a great time away!

Kirsty
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Lol:

Changes in v4.0.4
* Fixed settings FC
* Process scheduling group code from Donut
* Another possible fix for the phone number parsing issue
* Added bash in xbin
* Changed alarm clock timeout to 30 minutes because I sleep thru the 10 minute timeout
* Kernel tweaks

:p
If I update via CM Updater do I have to take a full backup of everything first?

Just got my fists on one of these and I'm wanting to get some video on it...(Red Dwarf etc)

Ive ripped them all to Divx from DVD, so whats the best codec / apps / encode settings to use to get them to play nicely?

I use Cyberlink's MediaShow Espresso to convert from x format to either iPhone or Youtube (.mp4) - I choose the lower 16:9 resolutions for best screen compatibility so works at around 420x280 for a widescreen movie. Converts a full movie in around 12mins so not too bad at all!

Quality is crystal clear.

Back
Top Bottom