HTC touch diamond

Caporegime
Also using Duttys rom....just testing out his newest version 2.1....which he uploaded yesterday....a few minor bugs but nothing really major....ive tried most of the roms out there but his seems to be the best and most stable....

Associate
I use the SwiftBL ROM, currently on 6.5 but I understand v7 has been released a few days ago. Only complaint I have about the SwiftBL ROM is for some reason the auto-rotation (with the GSen software) stops working after a while - If you do a soft-reset then it will be fine for hours, but then suddenly just start dumping you back to the TF3D screen when you try to rotate the device. Hopefully this is fixed in v7.

Although I might try out the Dutty ROM instead.

Associate
Ok reading "most" of the thread I can see that surfing is ok but not as good as the iphone.. is that correct?
My next question is how is it for music? I usually enjoy good volume and sound quality but I have no idea how this is on the diamond.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
My battery life is awful, it's dead today and was full this morning. I have barely used it! This may be going back if the n85/79 turn up on O2.

Wow, that is bad! My battery life, while not incredible, cannot be complained about. O2 XDA Ignito (but running Duttys 2.2 ROM) and so far today I have :
Made three phone calls (about 20mins total)
Sent 12 texts and read 9 replies
Sent and received numerous emails (prob about 5 emails in total)
Wi-Fi is on

Plus a few brief games of Bubble Breaker when I was bored at lunch and my battery is still sitting at over 70% charge.

If yours was full this morning and has run out already with hardly any use then I think your handset may be dodgy (although if your still on standard ROM then it may just be that which is casuing the issue - i upgraded the phone ROM within about 2 hours so I can't really make a comparision of battery life between standard and updated ROM).

Associate
i'm on dutty 2.2 :(

Oh dear! Maybe a faulty handset then? As i said, I've had pretty good use out of mine today, what I posted earlier, a few more texts and adding about 20 appointments to my calendar, even browsing the net for about 50mins on the train home tonight and it was still above 60% when i got in.

What network you on? I know Orange had a small batch of dodgy handsets when they were first released (one of my mates had to return two before he got one he was happy with)

Associate
I've got the o2 version (XDA Ignito) and the battery life has improved with use. I can now manage about two days from it with medium usage (no wifi or gps), although I tend to charge it whenever I get the chance, plug it in when i'm in the car (thanks o2 for the car adaptor) and plug it into my computer at home.

I'm still on the original rom as well, which I don't think has the best power management.

Got a few niggles with it though, so may get o2 to swap it for another one. Mainly overheating, sluggishness, and it crashes reasonably often, but doesn't reboot, so I'm left with a phone that I think is on, but is dead until I reset it.

Other than that I really like it though. Great phone.

Soldato
Where are the best deals for this?

I need to upgrade and o2 have poor choices, so i'm not really fussed as long as i can keep my number!

Soldato
Where are the best deals for this?

I need to upgrade and o2 have poor choices, so i'm not really fussed as long as i can keep my number!

is the same boat, i cant seem to find any good deals. Orange are not bad but because of their data bundle limitation i stay away from both them and O2, i think its 250mb and 200mb respectively. They both recently put their prices up on the phone.

Only option for heavy web user is T mobile, but they have messed around too much with the phones design.

So that leaves Vodaphone, but i think you need to phone them and see the kind of deals you can get, otherwise they only offer it to their business customers on their website.

most of the other deals i seen around the web usually are cash back and offer no data bundle...

Last edited:
Associate
Vodafone too have messed with the software as far as im aware.
Just got my MDA Compact IV on thursday this week and think its fantastic phone you jet used to their interface and its all customisable anyway and you can falsh a new rom onto it to look diffrent im yet to gain a lot of confidence in doing that as for now ive tried flashing a HardSPL on to it so far.

Good phone and compared to the iPhone its got more to offer as ive had a 2g one for the past 12months after buying on in NY lastyear.
Cameras good you CAN send MMS and you CAN multi text!! no way id go back to iphone untill they sort all this out!!
Welldone HTC!!!

Associate
I am on the original O2 Ingito Rom, but it seems that active sync kills the phone quickly when its not being used. I just wish i knew why it starts up when its no where near a pc and it not linked to any email accounts.

Associate
This is probably an incredibly dumb question, but how to i attach the screen protector?

One is a large sheet of plastic that is way bigger than the phone and the other is is the same size as the screen with cutouts for the speaker and secondary camera. But, they are just sheets of plastic!!?? How do i make them stick?

Associate
This is probably an incredibly dumb question, but how to i attach the screen protector?

One is a large sheet of plastic that is way bigger than the phone and the other is is the same size as the screen with cutouts for the speaker and secondary camera. But, they are just sheets of plastic!!?? How do i make them stick?

The screen sized bit of plastic peels off the larger piece of plastic then sticks to the screen.

Soldato
does not the plastic screen protector affect the sensitivity of the screen?

actually i would be interested to know how many people use these on the Phone?

Soldato
both easily fixable with a new rom

I wouldnt say the battery is easily fixable it is absolutely terrible and thats a fact. I used mines with a full charge from the start of the day and when I got home from uni it was fully drained. This included 30mins of internet use on the way and back from uni and two 5min phone calls and a few texts, may phone orange about it as it is a genuine problem where I cant use the phone freely without worrying about the battery running out but obviously there aint much they can do for me.

Aside from this my phone seems to have developed a problem, short of a full hard reset of the software I cant seem to connect to 3G at all now, not inside not outside, nowhere. In an attempt to save some battery life last night I turned off the data connection which launched me straight onto the G network and thats it but I actually cant turn the data connection back on in the settings menu now. All very confusing as the data connection comes on when I want to use the internet for example but will only connect as G, this is something which is gonna really annoy me.

Any ideas short of a hard system reset with a flash of the phone again?

Back
Top Bottom