HTC U11

Soldato
Sent mine back today for refund, nothing wrong with it and I'm sure it would have been a great phone but it just wasn't imo £100's better than my htc 10, camera didn't really seem any difference which was the main purpose of buying, maybe i'll get next years flagship :)

Soldato
OP
Sent mine back today for refund, nothing wrong with it and I'm sure it would have been a great phone but it just wasn't imo £100's better than my htc 10, camera didn't really seem any difference which was the main purpose of buying, maybe i'll get next years flagship :)

Fair enough, I am loving mine, really loving the Usonic noise cancellation sound/earphones, very quick and snappy compared to the M9 I had :)

Soldato
Grrrr damn you HTC. Now they release the red version in the UK AND it's dual SIM. Rather annoying as there was no hint at least that I could see that it was coming to the UK at all.
Still very happy with my U11 but this is annoying.

Caporegime
Just picked one of these babies up and it's fantastic!! The lovely silver/blue colour :cool:

It was either this or the Pixel XL and I've always loved HTC phones (since my M7) and I'm glad I did, it's quite stylish and quick as hell!!

Soldato
My contract is up fairly soon and looking to replace my Nexus 6.

Pretty confident it'll be a HTC U11. Was swaying towards a Pixel XL but this trumps it on everything except the stock Android experience, which the HTC follows quite closely to from reading reviews.

Soldato
Think you'll be happy with the move - I came from a nexus 6p and don't regret it one bit. Really solid phone that's pretty hard to find fault with!

Soldato
My U11 stops recording saying it's overheating when only recording 1080p vids.

The temperature jumps up to 49 degrees and the device does get quite hot - this is just recording in a room and not outside when the sun is shining.

I've factory reset the device but it's still happening.

Does anyone elses device heat up?

Soldato
Not sure how long you were recording for but just left mine recording at 1080 for 15 mins and it was still ok. Warm yes but hadn't stopped

Associate
wouldn't have thought 49C would cause any problems? cant comment as mines already been sent back and refunded

Depends on if that is 49C internally or externally.

Not sure how long you were recording for but just left mine recording at 1080 for 15 mins and it was still ok. Warm yes but hadn't stopped

Yeah, that doesn't sound normal if it is cutting off. That would put it behind the old Sony Xperia devices that would shut off while recording 4k.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom