Huel: The Future of Food ..

Associate
Ordered two bags of vanilla this morning. I'm currently intermittent-fasting and going running a couple of times a week, so my intention is using this as a breakfast, which I normally skip for time reasons. Interested to give it a go - just hoping I can avoid the much-discussed 'gale-force' side effects ...

Underboss
Chaps,

Any opinions on the MP Whole Fuel? I'm towards the end of my Huel and although I do enjoy it, 5kg for £36 seems a much better prospect than 3.75kg for £40, however if it is gank then I'll get some more Huel.

I blend so not fussed about a lumpy texture as the blending gets rid of this, need to order today as I will be sans Huel by Thursday.

Underboss
Yeah reading up now about the differences - I might re-up on Huel this week but order a small MP to see what it is like. 2 bags of Huel have lasted the best part of 8 weeks so I can't really complain.

Soldato
I got a taste for the MP Whole Fuel in the end...

TBH it's something you drink and get done with so the taste it not hugely important.

Underboss
Yeah true enough Nate, but memories of buying 10kg tubs of really horrid tasting Whey Protein still lurk in my brain.

Seems to be more sugar in the MP than in Huel, I need to look into the ingredients more.

Soldato
Yeah true enough Nate, but memories of buying 10kg tubs of really horrid tasting Whey Protein still lurk in my brain.

Seems to be more sugar in the MP than in Huel, I need to look into the ingredients more.
Interesting to see what you think here. I asked a freind to compare ingredients (far more knowledgable than me on this subect etc) and to my suprise he said that the cheaper MP stuff was better (I forget the reason, I can find out..). Not much in it though.

Permabanned
Anyone looking for a blender for there Huel, Amazon has the Breville Blend-Active Pro in a lightning deal for £16 reduced from £54.99:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-B...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=MM31817M3S49EH1NGJ73

3979145_R_Z001A.jpg

Associate
First day on Huel for me and it's great - a three-scooper kept me happily full past lunchtime ... in all honesty, I've only really eaten lunch out of habit and could probably have gone until mid-afternoon before feeling ravenously hungry. Only slight mishap was managing to cross the thread on my shaker, not noticing until I'd started shaking it and splashing a fair bit over the kitchen worktop.

Another intermittent-fasting day for me tomorrow, so I'll try a one or two scoop - don't like to have a large proportion of my 600 calories for the day in one hit.

Soldato
Soldato
Dammit! Annoyed I didn't come in here yesterday. Missed out on that blender :(

About making Huel the night before: How does it fare? Got my first big delivery coming today, and trying to decide between making it in the morning, or making it the night before, and eating it a bit like porridge. I'll be adding banana and some other fruit to the unflavoured Huel.

Man of Honour
Dammit! Annoyed I didn't come in here yesterday. Missed out on that blender :(

About making Huel the night before: How does it fare? Got my first big delivery coming today, and trying to decide between making it in the morning, or making it the night before, and eating it a bit like porridge. I'll be adding banana and some other fruit to the unflavoured Huel.

It does thicken quite a bit if left after making so I think once you've got the water:huel ratio right it'll make a decent porridge style meal.

Back
Top Bottom