Huel: The Future of Food ..

Associate
Starting back on the Huel now I've nearly finished my bag of MP Whole Fuel, it's really so much better. I'd go so far as to say "tasty" but then after 5kg of that stuff I reckon I'd enjoy fermented fish too.

Associate
Not just you. I sent the other bag back for a refund but it cost £16 to post the damn thing, talking to MP about hopefully getting that refunded (they advised post office and when I got there parcelforce48 was all they'd offer for 5kg). Otherwise I don't think I'll be gambling on their stuff again, that really wasn't worth the (possibly much smaller than planned) saving.

Underboss
Well my MP Whole Fuel arrived yesterday, got the 5KG bag - so glad.

Much nicer taste, more malty like a milkshake - need to workout the servings sizes but very impressed much nicer than taste and texture than Huel - mixes well in my blender and should last a couple of months.

Soldato
I've go to a bag of Huel v2.0 that I've slowly been working through as I have no desire to replace my diet with it... just handy when travelling etc. Best combination if cold water, ice, 100g huel and 3 nespresso shots!

Soldato
Well my MP Whole Fuel arrived yesterday, got the 5KG bag - so glad.

Much nicer taste, more malty like a milkshake - need to workout the servings sizes but very impressed much nicer than taste and texture than Huel - mixes well in my blender and should last a couple of months.

Yeah I really don't mind it (got vanilla and chocolate) - it's sweet but not overpoweringly so (I'm not sure if leaving it in the fridge for hours makes any difference there). It was convenient for my shifts some days but I wouldn't make it a diet staple or full-time meal replacement. Just handy to have.

Underboss
I continue to have it for breakfast and lunch - for me it's the convenience of having the meal prep for both only taking 5mins total.

I couldn't go full replacement with it.

Associate
Is it just me or does anyone else get a terrible aftertaste from the vanilla huel 2.0

I've tried adding a couple of coffee shots and ice and it does reduce the taste a little but it's still there

Soldato
I personally have the unflavoured stuff. I have it for breakfast. I start subbing half the water for milk and I add a blended banana to the whole thing. It tastes great. And not stupidly sweet.

Soldato
You are eating the wrong bars if they're crumbly, dry and taste like bricks. They've come on leaps & bounds in the last few years :p

Soldato
As far as protein bars (or flapjacks if higher carbs are wanted) go, I usually look for special offers like reduced price due to display-until date + BOGOF from CNP, Quest and a couple of others. The Huel bars look a bit low protein IIRC compared to a serving of liquid/powder.

Back
Top Bottom