Huel: The Future of Food ..

Caporegime
I've been using this (unflavoured) for a few weeks as spot meals.

2 scoops + teaspoon of cocoa powder + teaspoon of instant espresso + teaspoon of peanut butter.
Blend and gulp for breakfast.

Same, minus the coffee, for dinner.
Tried the curry/satay recipe, warm, and it was actually ok, just needs tweaking as too salty.

Eating normal home-cooked lunches.

Associate
I use Huel weekdays for Breakfast and Lunch - 100g (400 cal) for each meal. It works for me and fills me up.

Like others have said - a teaspoon of coffee in the vanilla flavour and making sure it's ice cold is vital!

Associate
I've been doing the same, breakfast and lunch. Enjoying having small amounts often and it takes most of the day to go through two 100g shakes. I couldn't handle straight vanilla so use a 50/50 vanilla/unflavoured mix. Thanks to everyone who's posted, this thread and some other reading made me switch and it seems to be going well.

It did take two or three days to get used to and I still sometimes get grumblings where my stomach rebels for a wee while.

Soldato
I've been going duel huel in the mornings. Been using it for a few months now and seems to be working out pretty well.

50% plain / 50% vanilla + half banana and handful of frozen fruit in the blender. 1 of these at 8am then another at 10:30.

400ml water and 80-120g huel depending on what I've been doing the day before.

Soldato
I have dropped now a smidgen under 2 stone since around November (on and off, with more of a "strict regime" from Feb).

My main motivation for Huel was to stop eating salt - oddly I know.

So I went from getting a large ready meal lunchtimes at work covered in salt to "having a Huel". I then started having the Huel at my desk and then going for a brisk walk inc a steep hill which is about 3.8 miles every lunchtime.

So for me I have stopped eating shed loads of salt. Saved a shed load on meals (in fact thinking about it I used to have a shop sandwich mid morning as well) and getting a little exercise.

It's not been a massive change in my habits really but I have seen a huge benefit in health and wallet :)

Soldato
How much Huel do you guys have if you have it for lunch? I generally use Huel for breakfast (2 scoops) but looking to shift it towards lunch, as I'm really struggling there currently. Very busy at work, and outside work, so making a good lunch is being sidelined.

Soldato
Ace thanks.

Out of interest, has anyone tried any of the flavours that Huel makes to add in? Like the chocolate etc. I currently use unflavoured/unsweetened as I find that the vanilla is a bit too sweet for me. I used to add some Nesquik chocolate powder, but since they totally changed the recipe it tastes disgusting now :(

Soldato
OP
Definitely need to blend it mate. And preferably with ice and/or frozen fruit.

I really enjoy the taste btw. Standard vanilla with a banana and ice is my fave. Frozen strawberries/raspberries/blueberries is all good too. My mate adds a shot of coffee and chocolate protein powder for breakfast and loves it.

Soldato
With 2 scoops, I just give it a good shake. Never had a problem with it at all. Perhaps if I do lunch, with 3 scoops, I'll need to blend it. I've ordered one of the flavour tester packs. Has all 9 flavours, so I can report back on what is nice.

Soldato
OP
Could you blend it in the morning then have it for lunch? Or would it separate out a bit?

That'll be fine. Huel actually thickens up the longer you leave it, which I personally like as it feels more substantial/filling. I use 4 scoops per shake, so it's already pretty thick, but by lunchtime it's thick like Frijj milkshakes, if you ever tried those. Being able to prepare multiple meals in one hit is one of the nice things with this - I make three each morning and it takes around 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom