Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
I've been using it for 2 weeks now. Weighing myself after a pee in the morning i've went from 76KG to 72.4KG in that time which i know probably doesn't sound much to some of you but i'm only 5'7" and thin boned so a good couple of stone overweight. Roughly dropping 1.8KG per week which is nice to see going down rather than up for a change. Probably mostly water so far but it's a start.

It's not just eating it that's doing it though it's the routine, apart from one night i've cut out all alcohol and almost cut out snacks (have had 3 grab bags of walkers sensations in that time). Before i'd eat all day long and would easily go through 20-30 units of alcohol a week.

I have 3 months worth stocked up to make sure i'll stick to it. After that hopefully it will have got me in the habit of automatically balancing my calories eaten and used. Previously i'd happily munch on 2 grab bags of doritos and a whole cheesecake in the evening and whatever other snacks during the day without thinking about it other than mentally (wrongly) cancelling them out because i'd be on the treadmill in the morning.

How did you get on?

Associate
I too have jumped aboard to see what this is like. For the next two weeks, I'll be walking, climbing and kayaking for a lot of every day and it'll reduce bulk if I only have to take a few things in my kit. I'll keep track of how it goes in my log when I have signal.
After that, I'll be back to normal food and this will likely get moved to just breakfast.

Soldato
This place is scary for uninformed some are here yet might be giving out other training advice.

If you think this is anything like a regular protein sup or milk, then you seriously need to do some proper research.

Really flabber gasted how people can be saying that clearly knowing nothing about it.

Permabanned
How did you get on?

Still on it although i stopped using it to lose weight and instead use it to make sure i'm eating healthy. Every day i use it for at least breakfast first thing in the morning and then again at ~10-11am. After that it depends on what i feel like, usually i'll have it again for lunch and dinner but some days i'm just not in the mood or am eating in company so eat a proper meal.

Can't really say how much the using it to eat healthy part is benefiting me as i've changed other parts of my life to be much healthier now too.

It does get really boring eating it though.

Man of Honour
This place is scary for uninformed some are here yet might be giving out other training advice.

If you think this is anything like a regular protein sup or milk, then you seriously need to do some proper research.

Really flabber gasted how people can be saying that clearly knowing nothing about it.

You make it sound like some sort of dangerous if used "incorrectly" mix of stuff, it's food nothing more, nothing less.

Man of Honour
Huh?...re read what I posted, the stuff is amazing.

Your post to me reads in a negative tone, although if you think it's some amazing thing I feel you need to go and do some research.

Food is food is food whether it's powdered or not it's just food there's nothing amazing or magic about it.

Man of Honour
Your post to me reads in a negative tone, although if you think it's some amazing thing I feel you need to go and do some research.

Food is food is food whether it's powdered or not it's just food there's nothing amazing or magic about it.

But no one knows about nutrition here, or diet or training, so why listen to us? ;)

Man of Honour
cu3ed is a member over on MT and has been for a long time if it's the same person so it's not surprising he has a love for Huel considering James is one of the guys behind it.

Before anyone comes in getting butthurt you'll see from my previous posts I have actually used Huel which I do think in terms of MRPs is a decent product with some actual thought put into it's ingredients, I'm not a total idiot and do have a decent knowledge around nutrition so I'm not jumping on any sort of hate bandwagon or anything but to state it's amazing is a real leap in a very strange direction for someone belittling others knowledge on the subject.

Last edited:
Associate

I beg to differ, bacon is at least 70% magic :p

Soldato
cu3ed is a member over on MT and has been for a long time if it's the same person so it's not surprising he has a love for Huel considering James is one of the guys behind it.

Before anyone comes in getting butthurt you'll see from my previous posts I have actually used Huel which I do think in terms of MRPs is a decent product with some actual thought put into it's ingredients, I'm not a total idiot and do have a decent knowledge around nutrition so I'm not jumping on any sort of hate bandwagon or anything but to state it's amazing is a real leap in a very strange direction for someone belittling others knowledge on the subject.
Actually never mind, waste of time here, mot getting involved in cross forum BS, only to state you are very wrong on the above. So wrong its scary.

The first sentence, not the latter.

Man of Honour
Let's not start getting into needless baiting.

I don't mind a debate but just stating that people are wrong and getting on a pedestal and getting defensive is not a sensible strategy. Happy for your contribution but let's not make it aggressive or personal please.

Associate
Putting aside the bickering for a second.

Any suggestions on how and what to flavour it with, I've nearly finished my vanilla bag and I'm about to move onto the unsweetened one, I've got some of their mocha flavouring but I didn't find it particularly nice, any other ideas?

Man of Honour
Putting aside the bickering for a second.

Any suggestions on how and what to flavour it with, I've nearly finished my vanilla bag and I'm about to move onto the unsweetened one, I've got some of their mocha flavouring but I didn't find it particularly nice, any other ideas?

Options hot chocolate powder.

Associate
How was the vanilla flavour? Got two bags on the way, tried my flatmate's unflavoured and it was surprisingly ok, reminded me of that time I tried lentil/pea brotein, same sort of flavour, which would make sense considering the source :p

Back
Top Bottom