Huel: The Future of Food ..

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I keep coming back to this, need to lose about 10-15kg and my diets a mess...

It will help, but its not a magic powder the biggest challenge you will have from taken is the 15-30mins after where you may still find yourself hungry be aware of this and occupy your time with something else or have a apple or something. Start with one for breaky and Lunch and have a proper dinner if your lifestyle allows.

p.s

Get yourself a decent shaker with a metal spring thing inside, the huel shakers are pretty crap now.

Soldato
Haha, yes I get that its not a magical cure for being a fatteh..

So far the best thing I've found, other than a change in diet and more exercise was a trip to Senegal where I lost 10Kg in 12 days, certainly a faster way of doing things...

Associate
I've now tried the premixed chocolate drink and I'm not a fan. It has an syrupy chocolate flavour and there's something with the aftertaste that doesn't sit well with me. I have been having the unflavoured stuff for years though so I do think I'm the odd one out :D

Caporegime
Now I'm leaning more towards the Protein one - 20g protein for 105kcals. It fits better in to my diet, is much easier to mix and tastes better, too. I've ordered the vanilla fudge and chocolate brownie ones to try next. The salted caramel is nice.

Soldato
Yeah thast the issue I get, works the killer, the cob van comes round around 1100so I end up buying something because I'm hungry by then, and then eat lunch at 1300...
Was much better when the van came round at 1000 as I wasnt hungry by then..

Might get a bag and use that to take the edge off before lunch, or do a midmorning and mid afternoon and stop having 'lunch' as such..

Soldato
Yeah thast the issue I get, works the killer, the cob van comes round around 1100so I end up buying something because I'm hungry by then, and then eat lunch at 1300...
Was much better when the van came round at 1000 as I wasnt hungry by then..

Might get a bag and use that to take the edge off before lunch, or do a midmorning and mid afternoon and stop having 'lunch' as such..
Mine isn't too bad as I was taking my own sandwiches so knew what I was eating, it's just my sandwich of choice is a simple smoked polish cheese and ham/mustard, not the healthiest combo, also have it rather thick. I had a CVD check last week and cholestorel is edging into the caution area so this is a quick win swapping sandwiches for hot huel...it's also convenient for time as my mornings are hectic before I leave for school run/work.

Last edited:
Soldato
Down 4kg in a month at the moment. Coffee in the morning, huel and protein at 12-1pm, dinner in the evening. A few more kg to go over the next few weeks would be nice!

This is where I need to be tbh, but without the coffee, especially in the morning as it screws up your cortisol.
I fluctuate by 4kg over the course of a week anyway so I want to go a bit further than that, low 80's would be easy I reckon due to the junk I eat and a can of Relentless most days probably doesn't help lol

Soldato
I've never looked into cortisol or how it might affect me. Already pretty stressed at the moment, but I love the taste of coffee and need something to sip on to get me to the shake in the early afternoon, so don't think I could ditch it.

Soldato
but without the coffee, especially in the morning as it screws up your cortisol.
I actually started back on caffeine as it was generally recommended to help lower your weight.
I fluctuate by 4kg over the course of a week
This sounds a little extreme if you're weighing at the same time, and under the same conditions? I guess if you're not limiting amounts at present* and maybe if you're 'quite large' at the moment it can vary more?

* for me, if I'm being strict(ish) but then I binge one day, I would expect to eat maybe 2 (or even 3) lbs more than usual so I would see that weight in the morning, but even then, that's only just around 1½kg. I've had trips away where I went from limiting to eating whatever and I managed to put on 6lbs, but that's quite extreme for me and is still not as much as 4kg!

Back
Top Bottom