Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
Well I can imagine the idea of never having to spend any time buying preparing and cooking food appealing to some.

But willingly putting yourself on a diet of gruel which wouldn't look out of place in a victorian workhouse, well it's sure taking all the fun out of eating.

Caporegime
I cannot fathom why anyone would want to have this stuff in place of any real food.

Convenience and being lazy for me.

I'm not getting on with the taste though, tried it with frozen fruit and it still tastes like ass. Time to slap a banana in there, that always used to take the edge off when making a veg & fruit smoothie.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't ever go 100% Huel, but for me it's having it in place of no food, so win win.

I have 500 cals of Huel and fill the rest of the 600ml bottle with water. Taste and thickness is fine for me. Might try it with a banana though.

Soldato
OP
I just can't bring myself to hit the purchase button. I've been interested for so long but I can't believe it's any good..

Why not? I'd pick it all day long over something like a chicken salad. More filling, tastes better, better for you. Sure, if you want bacon sarnies then it's not for you, but when blended with fruit it's as tasty as a good smoothy - just a good smoothy that has 50g of protein, clean fats, carbs and every multi vitamin you need.

Man of Honour
Convenience and being lazy for me.

I'm not getting on with the taste though, tried it with frozen fruit and it still tastes like ass. Time to slap a banana in there, that always used to take the edge off when making a veg & fruit smoothie.

Try it with some options hot chocolate powder.

I can see the allure to people who are more food for fuel than food for pleasure people but I've never been able to get myself out of the pleasure mindset, it's why I'll never have abs.

Soldato
I'm at least going to try it. No way will it completely replace real food for me. But I'm not the type of person who needs to eat for pleasure. Recently, I've been struggling to have a healthy breakfast/lunch, and whilst that can be solved by being more organised, I'm willing to try this as a breakfast replacement at least. It's not an answer to sorting out proper meals for me, but I see it as complementing a healthy diet (at least as a test).

If any of that made any sense...

Soldato
OP
i bit the bullet and ordered some. Will try and go 100% next week

Try weening yourself on to it. Like one meal for 3 or 4 days, then two meals for the same time etc. It takes a little while to adjust - usually because your body isn't used to having that amount of good, clean stuff. Hence the infamous, room clearing Huel farts!

Soldato
My problem is i love meat so not having meat will be a killer. Though on the plus side I don't eat half as much vegetables as i should so this will help in that aspect

Soldato
OP
I'm the same man - massive carnivore. That's been a side benefit - cutting down on the amount of meat consumed without losing out on protein. Another is being vegan and pretty much gluten free. Look at it as permission to go meat crazy with normal meals!

Man of Honour
Try weening yourself on to it. Like one meal for 3 or 4 days, then two meals for the same time etc. It takes a little while to adjust - usually because your body isn't used to having that amount of good, clean stuff. Hence the infamous, room clearing Huel farts!

Is regular food not good clean stuff then?

Back
Top Bottom