Human Centipede 2 Rejected by BBFC

Permabanned
First one was good, it was something different from the boring standard thriller/scary movies these days

Caporegime
Meh not really that bothered that the sequel has been banned...the first one was pretty terrible ie i must have watched it for about 45mins then turned it off as it was cringeworthy to say the least..

Caporegime
The first was brilliant as an unintentional comedy, and the sand-paper **** bit mentioned about the second sound similar. It's so unbelievably far fetch I can't believe anyone can take it seriously and be shocked.

A Serbian Film, now there is an actually disturbing film (penis eye-socket murder withstanding, LOL)

Associate
The first was brilliant as an unintentional comedy, and the sand-paper **** bit mentioned about the second sound similar. It's so unbelievably far fetch I can't believe anyone can take it seriously and be shocked.

A Serbian Film, now there is an actually disturbing film (penis eye-socket murder withstanding, LOL)

A Serbian Film was shocking yes, shockingly bad

Soldato
Stitched mouth to anus... :eek: So whatever the person at the front has for dinner gets eaten three times. Nice er...concept.

Associate
The first film was funny I thought, I just couldn't take it seriously.

Downloading A Serbian film now, I've seen almost every other sick twisted film so let's see if this is one of them!

Associate
OP
I quite enjoyed the first one and A Serbian Film purely for the shock value.
Obviously the production and acting are terrible, but it's rare for a film these days to genuinely shock and disgust people by the idealism and gore.

Saw is so farfetched it's a bit tame, imo it's been dragged out too far now. I'm not saying THC1/2 is realistic, but it's not as unrealistic as Saw.

Sort of looking forward to watching it with some mates for a good laugh at each others reactions, especially if we can convince a girl to watch it with us :D

Soldato
I am no prude; if love horror and don’t have a problem with violence. As a society there are levels of decency, morality and taste. Forced defecation and violent rape are waaaay beyond what I and "Normal" society would term within the realms of decency, morality and taste. A film that depicts such acts, under the thin veil as "Art", has every right to be banned. These are subjects that are not fit for entertainment purpose. They are produced to be controversial or overly shocking but on the whole tend just to be sick, perverse and pathetic watched by the dregs of society.

Soldato
Other disturbing films to watch that are actually very good:

Martyrs

Martyrs is a very harrowing film, but it it's also well acted and has a story that raises questions. Yes it's set out to be a shocking horror film, but that's not all the film is, unlike this Human Centipede sequel and Serbian Film.

I think the French are the ones leading the way with avant-garde horror at the moment.

Soldato
That's pretty bad.

But considering Irreversible and Mysterious Skin are right up there and worse respectively and they weren't banned. Neither was e.g. Clockwork Orange which was for a while.

irreversible and clockwork orange (ive not seen mysterious skin) are both REALLY good and well though out films though and the 'sick' bits that do happen are in context and justifiable IMO

human centipede though... just pointless , and violent for the sake of violence , no theme/message/thinking

Back
Top Bottom