Human Rights For Robots.

Soldato
yes we are, what do you think neurons are based on and how they form chains, pure luck?

Genetics. We are born with machinery that allows us to adapt and survive. It is not pre-programmed though because DNA can not carry that information. Who we are is what we learn as we go through life using the machinery of genetics as we go. A new born baby can not do mathematics but as it learns life skills it acquires that knowledge. Not pre-programmed but learned behaviour. Big difference.

Man of Honour
Who programmes us then?

I am not a VCR :mad:

who put your blueprints together aka DNA, evolution.
Your brain's neural pathways are not pre-programmed when even a thought can cause physical changes.

no one said fully pre programed, but you do come out with a brain and with funtion, you arent a plain slate being created.
Your argument doesnt make sense at all, your trying to say because it changes it cant be pre programmed, this just isn't the case

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Evolution is a naturally occurring thing that happens over time. It is also a product of adaptation. Living things will evolve to adapt to the changing environments in which they reside as a defence mechanism, for example.

Doesn't mean it is pre-programmed, it is just survival in the simplest form.

Man of Honour
Evolution is a naturally occurring thing that happens over time. It is also a product of adaptation. Living things will evolve to adapt to the changing environments in which they reside as a defence mechanism, for example.

Doesn't mean it is pre-programmed, it is just survival in the simplest form.

actually that's exactly what it means, how do you think those are passed down in the brain. Survival in the simplest form, by being pre programed in.

So how come the brain is physically changing constantly in response to external stimuli. If it was "pre programmed" it wouldn't change.

pre programing does not in anyway mean it cant change, why would you even think that.

Soldato
who put your blueprints together aka DNA, evolution.

no one said fully pre programed, but you do come out with a brain and with funtion, you arent a plain slate being created.
Your argument doesnt make sense at all, your trying to say because it changes it cant be pre programmed, this just isn't the case

Dude you're the guy who said humans are fish a few years ago. I cant take anything you say on human biology seriously.

Sorry but your argument initially doesn't make sense. Define "pre-programmed"?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's not really a program though is it. It's just cause and effect. If there were no dangers on the planet, or climate changes, then there would be no evolution for the things living on it.

Saying it's pre-programmed suggests that it will change as it's programmed to change. It isn't, it's like the formation of galaxies, stars and the universe, it's random, and a product of cause and effect from those random events.

Man of Honour
Dude you're the guy who said humans are fish a few years ago. I cant take anything you say on human biology seriously.

Sorry but your argument initially doesn't make sense. Define "pre-programmed"?

lol, please post where i said we were fish.

pre programed as in we have "software" already when we are born, this can then be extended and new info added throughout life until it starts dieing.

if you think we come out with nothing but a blank slate again, just wow.
some parts of the brain are much more elastic than others.

Man of Honour
It's not really a program though is it. It's just cause and effect. If there were no dangers on the planet, or climate changes, then there would be no evolution for the things living on it.

Saying it's pre-programmed suggests that it will change as it's programmed to change. It isn't, it's like the formation of galaxies, stars and the universe, it's random, and a product of cause and effect from those random events.

no it is not like the galaxie it is not random at all.
if it was random we would all be dead, the brain would just be a mess and everyones brain would be massively different.
the new connections still follow rules, there's still a plan to it and its still pre programmed.

Permabanned
gotta love this forum...

"Robots will take our jobs and it will be elites with everything"

ya know... you can only make a profit when people buy your ****....?

if everybody is unemployed, how do you give money to business? how to they support themselves with the upkeep of the business?... come on..... THINK

Caporegime
There are things which are common to all of us, such as the instinctive reaction to pulling your hand away from a naked flame.

The line between genetic "programming" and "learned behaviour", however, is not necessarily easy to spot.

There are some behaviours that are common to all of us born and raised in this country (ie, the West), that might not be found in a feral child raised by monkeys in the jungle (extreme example).

Given that the brain is experiencing stimuli in the womb, and therefore learning, and the brain is constantly being altered (physically) by stimuli, it might be very easy to assume that babies are born with "pre-programmed instincts"... when these might actually be learned behaviours that just happen to be common to all of us, as we all spent 9 months (give or take) in the womb.

But let's get back to AI, here. You said that we're "pre-programmed" to breathe, and to react to pain, etc. And we'd all agree, I hope, that those are very basic (tho vital) responses/behaviours.

Our more complex, sophisticated behaviours, are learned. You do not acquire the ability to drive through any instinct. Or to play guitar. Or to solve equations. All this is learned, studied, and perfected.

A piece of software can be programmed to perform a task that its human designer knew how to define in precise terms.

A computer can never learn to do anything if there is no human around to precisely define the problem and the method of its solution.

A computer cannot gaze at the stars, observe a falling apple, and make theories about the world it exists in.

This conversation to me only highlights the gulf between man and machine.

Permabanned
start with a pretty massive basis.

Like a boat?

75f906fca9c7384cef452458bedcb4bd.jpg

Man of Honour
Our more complex, sophisticated behaviours, are learned. You do not acquire the ability to drive through any instinct. Or to play guitar. Or to solve equations. All this is learned, studied, and perfected.

A piece of software can be programmed to perform a task that its human designer knew how to define in precise terms.

A computer can never learn to do anything if there is no human around to precisely define the problem and the method of its solution.

A computer cannot gaze at the stars, observe a falling apple, and make theories about the world it exists in.

This conversation to me only highlights the gulf between man and machine.
wrong and then your conjecture, self reprogramin software already exists. So no, once initially programmed then it can self learn and change itself, where do we see that sort of thing but millions of times more complex, oh wait the brain. Which is exactly what i've been saying.
and no they cant do that because the are still extremely tiny and simple. I mean even the current syanpses chip is like 16million neurons, rather than the roughly 86bn neurons in a human, ontop of that is the connection complexity, each having 250 compared to the roughly 10,000 in humnas. But its devloping quickly we were at like 1000 neuron chips in ~2010

so you are making assumptions based on current technology. With nothing on why it isn;t possible,
But at least you now agree we do come pre programmed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom