Human Rights For Robots.

Soldato
You haven't read my post, and haven't thought it through. The fact i have to repeat myself means we're probably not far off AI that will exceed at least some of you in society

Oh crap I didn't even realise it's you. I'm sure you're a troll because you're typically unable to provide a reasoned response to anything.

So where is this repetition you speak of? I cant see where you have repeated yourself. It would be useful if you could reiterate how rape will dramatically fall. An outline of some of the sociological mechanisms involved perhaps?

Some logic for you:

The relative proportion of rape, out of all human-human sex will be "dramatically" increased.
It's not going to be rape that dramatically falls. It's going to be consensual human-human sex which falls. Rape will be the only human-human sex happening lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
You'd only be happy if they were wearing a burka

That's an odd statement because mandatory burka use seems to fit with your views, not mine. Women are, according to you, sex objects who can also bare children - this is what religious extremists say too. I suppose that also explains why you'd camp the first shop that sells robots which 'look like that'.

Soldato
Oh crap I didn't even realise it's you. I'm sure you're a troll because you're typically unable to provide a reasoned response to anything.

So where is this repetition you speak of? I cant see where you have repeated yourself. It would be useful if you could reiterate how rape will dramatically fall. An outline of some of the sociological mechanisms involved perhaps?

Some logic for you: the proportion of rape out of all human-human sex will be "dramatically" increased.
*sigh* Are you speed reading at work or something? Can't you read a post properly without making an ass of yourself? I said that would have to repeat myself so i'm not going to bother with doing that.

So here i am, having to repeat myself :rolleyes: So for the terminally incapable amongst you. If you have someone who's a convinced sex criminal who's been released from jail. Instead of him being out in the wide world without help or support. Rehabilitation can take the form of an android who the person can take out his "frustrations" on instead of a real person. If in say 50 years we have very life like androids then this would be a good alternative for that person than going out somewhere and raping a real woman or molest a girl. The condition is that the android would have to be with the human 24/7 as part of the deal and if they try to inactivate the robot or commit a crime against a woman then the android can arrest the human and take him to the police and they'd have broken the conditions of release.

Soldato
*sigh* Are you speed reading at work or something? Can't you read a post properly without making an ass of yourself? I said that would have to repeat myself so i'm not going to bother with doing that.

So here i am, having to repeat myself :rolleyes: So for the terminally incapable amongst you.
Whoa. Bad day at work or something? Why the need for nonsense?

You said "The fact i have to repeat myself..." when you didn't actually repeat anything in that post.

You did NOT say "I said that would have to repeat myself so i'm not going to bother with doing that. " lol. Where does it say you're not going to bother doing that, and why not just say it initially if that's what you meant lol. :D

If you have someone who's a convinced sex criminal who's been released from jail. Instead of him being out in the wide world without help or support. Rehabilitation can take the form of an android who the person can take out his "frustrations" on instead of a real person. If in say 50 years we have very life like androids then this would be a good alternative for that person than going out somewhere and raping a real woman or molest a girl. The condition is that the android would have to be with the human 24/7 as part of the deal and if they try to inactivate the robot or commit a crime against a woman then the android can arrest the human and take him to the police and they'd have broken the conditions of release.

LMAO. This is funnier than the original post :D

So...

Rapist rapes woman,
Does his time,
Is completely sectioned from women, gets given a sexbot to practice his raping on, and potentially goes completely insane,
Isn't a rapist any more.

You seriously think this is logical??? You're idea is so narrow minded it's unbelievable.

Also your plan has a contradiction in the first two sentences. You say he's just been released from jail, but then you say "Instead of him being out in the wide world". If he's out of jail then isn't he in the wide world?

You're simply destroying any chance of "rehabilitation" by nurturing his tendency and giving him a sex bot to practice and plan out his rapes to his hearts content ffs!

Don't talk about rehabilitation please, you simply have NO IDEA.

The only punishment for a rapist is to have a 15 inch ***** forcibly put up his rectum. NOT give them a free state of the art sex bot, funded by my tax money, and tell them to go and enjoy raping it. Your idea is quite frankly disgusting and nurtures rape.

Last edited:
Associate
Dunno about the whole sex thing but....

15 odd years ago I read a book called 'The singularity is near' by Raymond Kurzweil. I understand he is the chief technology officer at google.

Basically he set out the roadmap to achieving AI from when the book was written (around 2000 I think). Checking his predictions against what has been achieved these last 15 years is quite accurate and gives credibility to his predications from here on in.

My twopence worth as a layman but based on that book and everything I have read about the subject, is that full AI (depending on what you define that to be) will probably exist within the lifetime of most people on this forum.

Undoubtably, in the next 10 - 20 years many, what are now skilled and highly paid jobs, will increasing be done by computers and society will have to adapt to that.

With regards to to OP, its worth thinking about....

Soldato
What happens when a very large number of jobs are done by robots or AI? Will corporations be taxed per robot worker similar to income tax so the money can fund a citizens' basic income?

I'm always fascinated by the idea of how society would work when a large number of us aren't needed anymore.

Man of Honour
it wouldn't, thats the problem.

yes it would, it would just move to a payment for existing, which people and countries are already thinking about and is it switzerland have just started a trial with 1000 people. You would then do what you want rather than being ground to detah in a dead end job, or get more money from many jobs that will still exist.

Soldato
I'm always fascinated by the idea of how society would work when a large number of us aren't needed anymore.

It won't work. Slavery is part of society and when slaves aren't needed is pretty much why the elites will spark WW3, the psy-ops have already been initiated. When the banks and economy collapses and the elite blame it on the Russians and we aren't needed anymore it would be pretty disastrous to have billions of people with their useless digital money against a few hundred elites with the gold reserves.

The logical thing to do in this situation is to cull the slaves by about 3-6 billion and make most of the earth uninhabitable for a long period of time. The most powerful elites will retreat to the Got Hard Nuclear Base.

My advise? Go to your gardens and start digging, now.

Last edited:
Soldato
yes it would, it would just move to a payment for existing, which people and countries are already thinking about and is it switzerland have just started a trial with 1000 people. You would then do what you want rather than being ground to detah in a dead end job, or get more money from many jobs that will still exist.

yeah, i really don't see how that could ever work. The resentment on both sides would tear it to pieces (from people who are poor and no job who can't get a job even if they wanted one as there will only be a finite amount, to the people who are better off and have the jobs but resent having to work and pay for the people doing nothing) - it would be a magnification of the situation we have now, and we all know how well that works out :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
yeah, i really don't see how that could ever work. The resentment on both sides would tear it to pieces (from people who are poor and no job who can't get a job even if they wanted one as there will only be a finite amount, to the people who are better off and have the jobs but resent having to work and pay for the people doing nothing) - it would be a magnification of the situation we have now, and we all know how well that works out :rolleyes:

just what? that makes no sense. We aren't talking poor or trodden on here. its the future its a matter of when rather than if(almost certainly not in our live times though). People aren't paying for others, robots are paying for people and paying the taxes or rather the corporations. The countries GDP and taxes don't suddenly vanish with robots. So yeah its nothing like the current system.

and no there isn't really a finite number of jobs, people always want art, entertainment, hand crafted etc. or you can send your live travelling or studying or what ever you want.

Associate
OP
Lunacy.

Truly intelligent machines are as far away as they were in the 70s, when everybody was dreaming of sentient robots ;)

Centuries away, at the very least.

An ignorant thing to say with respect.

You base that statement on tech and knowledge that is available to you .

Ever heard of the secret space program ?

Soldato
just what? that makes no sense. We aren't talking poor or trodden on here. its the future its a matter of when rather than if(almost certainly not in our live times though). People aren't paying for others, robots are paying for people and paying the taxes or rather the corporations. The countries GDP and taxes don't suddenly vanish with robots. So yeah its nothing like the current system.

and no there isn't really a finite number of jobs, people always want art, entertainment, hand crafted etc. or you can send your live travelling or studying or what ever you want.

but there is a finite amount of money to pay for these things.

This star trek utopia fantasy is just that, a fantasy. imo of course.

Soldato
but there is a finite amount of money to pay for these things.

This star trek utopia fantasy is just that, a fantasy. imo of course.

Money is just paper, it doesn't matter. Only things that matter are energy, which is practically infinite, and productivity which is increased by machines. Robots will only makes everything easier for us, we have nothing to fear but ourselves(probably a bad idea to put luddites like Trump or Giuliani in charge).

Soldato
Money is just paper, it doesn't matter. Only things that matter are energy, which is practically infinite, and productivity which is increased by machines. Robots will only makes everything easier for us, we have nothing to fear but ourselves(probably a bad idea to put luddites like Trump or Giuliani in charge).

The amount of energy in the universe isn't infinite, it's constant and cannot be created or destroyed, but i understand what you're saying. The sun can generate enough energy to support a type 2 civilization and should be more than enough for our needs until we get to other systems.

We'd never reach that point using our own brains as they are now, we'll need advanced AI and computers with power that are incomprehensible to us at the moment, even designing these computers are beyond us right now. If we are ever to leave our solar system then we're going to need to create advanced brains to do all the calculations and designing for us

Soldato
Wow there are some utter plonkers on this forum, please let faith in humanity be restored.

64960403.jpg

Caporegime
An ignorant thing to say with respect.

You base that statement on tech and knowledge that is available to you .

Ever heard of the secret space program ?

Epic reply.

"Ever heard of the secret space programme?"

Most unintentionally ironic question, ever.

In case you don't get the joke... why should I (being the general public) have heard of the "secret" space programme?

Lols.

This, however, it tin-foil hat stuff at its finest. Yarp, I'm sure "the military" have some secret Mars base where a sentient AI has built an underground metropolis, and nano-bots cure cancer.

What kind of closed-minded fool would *not* believe that? :p

Back
Top Bottom