Human Shields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Originally posted by MrCrispy
Like the soldiers killed by 'friendly fire'?

Surely a soldier/sailor/airman takes the fact of friendly fire into account when he signs up?

Not saying it's right, but it is a known risk of the job.

Permabanned
Originally posted by manicmarkjcj
Surely a soldier/sailor/airman takes the fact of friendly fire into account when he signs up?

Not saying it's right, but it is a known risk of the job.

Exactly. The same applies to those volunteering to be human shields. So, if we dismiss one as dispensible because they knew the risks involved, it seems only fair that we treat them both the same.

Soldato
Exactly. The same applies to those volunteering to be human shields. So, if we dismiss one as dispensible because they knew the risks involved, it seems only fair that we treat them both the same.

I completely agree with you good sir.

They'll get what they deserve, they're not martyrs or whatever, they're fools.

/edit: the human shields that is, not the servicemen.

Associate
Messing with a Nd:YAG, DCM and a Raman Shifter

I said our military do not need to worry about the loss of volunteer human shields, its not a factor to consider in calcuating the effect of attacking a given target.

Of couse you need to consider friendly fire losses - killing your own troops is a bad idea, loss of personel, loss of equipment, drop in moral.

I'm looking at this from a totally detached standpoint, so if a bunch of folks want to stand in the way of a bomb, no problem.

Soldato
I think this has to be the most stupid thing anyone could do IMOH.

if they volunteer to go to iraq to become human shield at military targets then they are no longer innocents and are rendered completely useless IMOH.

personally i believe it would aid their cause more to stay at home and try to act against the war from within. I do not agree with the war as i feel it is a waste of lives on both sides, but i'm not going to sit in the way of a bomb. If people protest and argue against the war it si more likely not to happen than if you go and sit on a bomsite. :confused:

Soldato
y not jus whack a bullet in sadams head ..... mabe 2 or 3 jus for good measure.

TBH i doubt very much that there ISNT some1 sat watching him as i write this jus waiting to shoot im when he is told he can ... the only problem with that is creating marters :(

only read the first page ov this post so appolgies if this has been said.

Soldato
The "Human Shields" are wallies, misfits who wish to make a name for themselves as martyrs and go out in a blaze of glory in the mistaken belief they'll be remembered. They live in the hope that their presence will be a factor and stop the bombing. That way they become heroes, satisfying their attention seeking ways. They're warmongers filled with hatred and spite. What loss are these misfits to the world? We're doing humanity a favour by getting rid of such nutters.

Transmission breaker
Don
Originally posted by MindYerBeak
The "Human Shields" are wallies, misfits who wish to make a name for themselves as martyrs and go out in a blaze of glory in the mistaken belief they'll be remembered. They live in the hope that their presence will be a factor and stop the bombing. That way they become heroes, satisfying their attention seeking ways. They're warmongers filled with hatred and spite. What loss are these misfits to the world? We're doing humanity a favour by getting rid of such nutters.

Quite Quite correct :)

Soldato

Hear here.

Well said Mr Beaky s'ah.

Soldato
oops forgot the bit about the human shields :/

i say "pfft" (an laughed aswell tbh when i read the first post) if ur stupid enough to stand under an known bombsite then ur not worth anything to society.

Sadly this will put the Allied nations in bad light for killing civilians. We don't kill protestors who wish to stop a road from being made do we?
But how do you forcefully remove people from a building that is protected by armed forces in a country you are invading?
you wouldn't warn them in advance of an air attack as that would put your pilots and planes at risk. Basically if these people are going to sit in a site that will potentially be destroyed, they are forfeiting their lives.
Not a good position for America to be in especially if they are wrong about the target.
+ being Iraq they would have no qualms about destroying their own buildings with their own civilians in and no evidence of military operations, then blaming it on America.

Permabanned

They are doing it to try to stop the war, how does that make them warmongers filled with hatred and spite? Surely the warmongers are the big buys with the big guns?

And if being a nutter was justification for getting rid of someone (as it was in the bad old days), many of us would be carted off and shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom