Hyundai i30N

Soldato
CTR might look OTT, but in a good way. Don't think its looks like Halfrauds special, far too over used cliche. CTR looks cultured in its banzainess, you can tell the engineers had their way with this and not the finance committee, lots of character and personality about it.

I wouldn't say the i30 is cheap looking, the regular i30's are no more cheap than the Golfs in quality and appearance. It's a smart looking car, just on the bland side, its supposed to drive well, so I guess it will have customers who like subtle looks and a good sporty drive.

Soldato
OP
CTR might look OTT, but in a good way. Don't think its looks like Halfrauds special, far too over used cliche. CTR looks cultured in its banzainess, you can tell the engineers had their way with this and not the finance committee, lots of character and personality about it.

I wouldn't say the i30 is cheap looking, the regular i30's are no more cheap than the Golfs in quality and appearance. It's a smart looking car, just on the bland side, its supposed to drive well, so I guess it will have customers who like subtle looks and a good sporty drive.

strangely enough i agree with you.........the 2017 Type R is awesome to look at, it grows on you.
the i30N looks a lot cheaper in real life than the photos, the wheels and brake calipers look very budget!..........but it does sound loud, you can hear it from a long way off; esp the pops and bangs ......... the Ricers gona' love it bro :D:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought I would give this a little bump. Stopped by my local dealership this morning and took a look at the N Performance that was out front (67 plate reg in December - 750 miles £23,995).

The Performance blue is a little lighter than I would like, almost baby blue. Interior is very bland and nothing but plastic. Didn't test drive it but might have to arrange one just to see what it's like.

The most off putting thing though was the pure lack of enthusiasm by the dealership. No customers inside when I walked in (had been looking round the car outside for 5 min's beforehand) and the three people that I could see sat around didn't even bother to get up or acknowledge I was there.

Soldato
Thought I would give this a little bump. Stopped by my local dealership this morning and took a look at the N Performance that was out front (67 plate reg in December - 750 miles £23,995).

The Performance blue is a little lighter than I would like, almost baby blue. Interior is very bland and nothing but plastic. Didn't test drive it but might have to arrange one just to see what it's like.

The most off putting thing though was the pure lack of enthusiasm by the dealership. No customers inside when I walked in (had been looking round the car outside for 5 min's beforehand) and the three people that I could see sat around didn't even bother to get up or acknowledge I was there.

I guess that's almost to be expected, they're not used to enthusiast customers at this point lol.

I honestly think these have a lot of character, wouldn't mind driving one. I reckon it has more soul than the 7.5 GTI.

Soldato
Ummmm not liking the look of that (3 door version)... Even if it did I doubt it could tear me away from my GP.

That said.... Can't deny that it's great value for money

Associate
Went and sat in one at my local dealership. Not going to lie I really liked what I saw. Definitely will be considering one in a year or 2.

Soldato
I've seen a grey one in a UK review. I'd prefer that over the black or blue. When I popped into the dealer a couple months back grey wasn't an option. Seems like it is now.

Caporegime
It's about time the Koreans started bringing the fight to ze Chermans like this. The Kia Stinger seems to be getting decent reviews as does this. Remember when we used to laugh at people in Hyundais and Kias!

Soldato
tbh it should not do it at all from the factory. wheel hop is like what mustangs with leaf springs do, not hot hatches XD
Every hot hatch I have driven does it is you don't use it properly... My MPS does it unless I apply the right amount of throttle. My Clio did it. The rs Mégane I test drove did it. The focus ST did it. My mates Mk2 RS did it.... And that was 4wd

Back
Top Bottom