i am fat

Soldato
I wonder how old chaseyx98 was before he got perma'd? If he's middle-aged like 99% of us on there, then there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to necro post. Forums of this type (with threads and sections) have been around for 20 years.

If chaseyx98 however was only 20, then I'll let him off as they all use social media and won't be used to forums :p

I dunno... they implemented Yammer (******* Yammer) at my work a few years ago and it's just incredible seeing how the (mostly older) workforce are handling it... I swear I've seen posts necro'd 3 or 4 times now and sometimes the people posting responses reply with the same things they said the first time, word for word...

Soldato
I wonder how old chaseyx98 was before he got perma'd? If he's middle-aged like 99% of us on there, then there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to necro post. Forums of this type (with threads and sections) have been around for 20 years.

If chaseyx98 however was only 20, then I'll let him off as they all use social media and won't be used to forums :p

Its Half Term innit... the kiddies have nothing better to do this week, summer holidays are when forums in general really get spammed...

Permabanned
Don't understand how anyone gets to 21 stone, I'm around 13 stone and I know I'm overweight but I'm maintaining it, what part of people's minds considers it OK to just keep eating crap everyday and never exercise? Even if you are hungry it's no excuse.

Soldato
Don't understand how anyone gets to 21 stone, I'm around 13 stone and I know I'm overweight but I'm maintaining it, what part of people's minds considers it OK to just keep eating crap everyday and never exercise? Even if you are hungry it's no excuse.

Because it's not always that simple. But you knew that already, you just omitted that thought because it would have stopped you getting on your high horse :p

Soldato
Many people don't read the calories. They have no understanding that a packet of cookies is like 1000+ calories. Also a lot of people are just lazy *****.

Soldato

I'm 15 stone and people would say I'm overweight, just on that basis....but I go to the gym a lot and I'm in good shape. Decent physique. Weight doesn't necessarily mean fat.

Soldato
Easier than you'd think if given the right circumstances, took 10 years getting to just over 21st but getting back to 15 won't take any longer than a year or so. 1.5st off already in 3 months and that's not even being uber careful with food, just lots of gym time and keeping calories under 2000.

Soldato
I'm 181cm and started at 17stone9 while that was heavy I'm well built. I've been on a diet with no real exercise apart from the usual pressups, dips and sit ups etc. I'm currently down to 14stone6 and will be happy at 13 n half stone any more than that ill look like a person who takes crack. :D

Even at the weight I'm at now I look fairly trim and in shape. It's not about the weight but how you look in it IMO, you can't call body builders etc overweight...

Last edited:
Soldato
The way I see it if you have a podgy tummy you are overweight.
Doesnt matter if you work out or not,plenty of guys at the gym that lift a lot but still look like ****.
They will blame it on a 'bulk' that funnily enough lasts all year round.

Soldato

Not everyone is built the same. People can get to 21 stone easily without being a fat mess.

The way I see it if you have a podgy tummy you are overweight.
Doesnt matter if you work out or not,plenty of guys at the gym that lift a lot but still look like ****.
They will blame it on a 'bulk' that funnily enough lasts all year round.

It's almost as if people go to the gym for different reasons and end goals. Imagine that.

Soldato
I expect most international rugby players would be considered obese on the BMI scale.

My doctor told me to forget about the BMI for that reason (I haven't played rugby for years but have always had a big frame/large build. My dentist once said that working in my mouth is like opening the bonnet of an American muscle car, which I think he meant as a compliment).

I'm 6'3, mid-forties and currently around 17 stone with a 38inch waist, and still manage to haul myself up the steepest inclines fairly quickly when out on the hills (which I still do semi-regularly). Having said that, at my fittest (late teens/early 20's) I was only about 13.5 stone and I could run until the cows came home. Happy days. I had hair then too.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm 5'10 and the biggest I've gotten is about 18 stone. I was clinically depressed (before the weight gain began) and around my heaviest I felt and looked awful. Started eating less/healthier and doing light cardio, and nowadays I properly exercise regularly and eat fairly healthily and am maintaining at around 13 stone. I have an "endomorph" body type with quite a bit of muscle. I'll never let myself get so fat again.

Permabanned
I'm 15 stone and people would say I'm overweight, just on that basis....but I go to the gym a lot and I'm in good shape. Decent physique. Weight doesn't necessarily mean fat.

Not always, but people don't usually post threads about being overweight at 21 stone when they're heavyweight boxers, rugby players, or whatever else involves lots of weight training.

Because it's not always that simple. But you knew that already, you just omitted that thought because it would have stopped you getting on your high horse :p

But it is that simple, eat/drink less, move more.

I get through most of the week feeling hungry, I'd love to order a Chinese every day or from the many fast food restaurants I pass every day but I don't, it's not easy but everyone has a choice.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just eating less is not always the answer. I'm currently dealing with some medical issues which I'm losing weight for (1st 10lb's since 4th Jan) under medical care and one of the issues they are telling me which is stopping from losing weight properly is that I don't actually eat enough at times ...

Back
Top Bottom