I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Soldato
I don't understand how 3d printers work, but golly they are amazing.

To me, existence of 3d printers is proof of god.

2u5vu4p.jpg

Permabanned
Maybe if I saw one working I'd understand.

Its quite a big device I assume? I was thinking with the word printer it would be the same size as a ordinary desktop printer.

Then I got to thinking how could that possibly function.

Soldato
Maybe if I saw one working I'd understand.

Its quite a big device I assume? I was thinking with the word printer it would be the same size as a ordinary desktop printer.

Then I got to thinking how could that possibly function.

To be fair the word 'printer' is a little inaccurate, more of a marketing term. Builder would probably be better.

Soldato
im lost. so do you have to have some degree of 3d drawing knowledge, or do you just scan something and it makes it 3d?

then once you have your image, do you just kinda hit print, walk away, and in 20minutes or however long, come back and you have a 3d model?

Soldato
im lost. so do you have to have some degree of 3d drawing knowledge, or do you just scan something and it makes it 3d?

then once you have your image, do you just kinda hit print, walk away, and in 20minutes or however long, come back and you have a 3d model?

You can scan them in but you need one of those laser scanners, or you will have to download/draw it.

Associate
OP
you need a 3d model usually and stl file like 3dmax produces
you can make this your self or go to thingieverse where people share theirs

Howdy,

I use 3DMAX to create the models I print. Not ideal as mine are mostly engineering prototypes. 3D MAX can do this but it is not ideal.

Currently I am looking at SolidWorks.

Back
Top Bottom