I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Associate
OP
I just ordered some pla plastic which apparently smells like cooking sugar when printing - yum.

Also means as it melts at a lower temp I can print some pretty big things with less supports needed.

I need to do a time-lapse of it printing something.

Soldato
Never spotted this first time round, but I want one.

Only thing is...The wrench on page 1 confuses me. Yes he scanned it, but there are parts on a wrench that are not visible by a surface scan.... Like the way the rotating part moves the jaws open and closed.

Other than that though, Epic.

Definately good for creating your own figures, etc. A collectors wet dream.

Associate
Hi Pinter75, I am looking to get my hands on a 3d printer, seeing as you have experience with 3d printing is there anything i should know.

I am after a good printer to create wax models which i will then create casts out of.

Associate
OP
Hi,

I know of a few people who want to print wax for casting. I have no idea on this, so can't be of much help :( I print abs or pla as I need plastic parts only.

Soldato
Pinter - Perhaps you might want to look into this, perhaps not. Have you considered making cases for the Raspberry Pi and selling them? There are a few free templates out there for someone with a 3d printer to make use of, just an idea. Im sure you would at least get a few guys from OcUK wanting one.

Designs here - http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=raspberry+pi&sa=Search

Man of Honour
As this has been buoyed. Do you know anything abut DLP projector printers?
And any idea which DIY/kit versions are any good?

Back
Top Bottom