I hate Royal Mail

Caporegime
Yet at some stage in nearly every single persons job in the world(ok, western world) people are insured to cover mistakes they make. Malpractice insurance for doctors and lawyers, every store you work in has insurance incase someone spills something and someone else slips on it, what if you stack the cans of tomatoes unsafely and one falls on a kids head, no problem, the store and the employee is insured.

People really are silly, mistakes happen NO MATTER WHAT JOB YOU ARE IN.

They offer you insurance, its not increasing the cost its DECREASING THE COST for the majority of post you will send in you life and giving you the normal price for things that need it.

If every single piece of mail was insured, all stamps would cost significantly more and every parcel would cost more, by only insuring whats needed, everyone saves money.

SImple fact is, lets say you spent £4, had you spent £6 for insurance as standard you'd be covered without issue. However, if £6 was the standard cost and everything was insured, you'd be complaining that you had to spend £6 to send, a mouse worth £20, when you could have sent it for £4 but they don't offer mail without insurance.

I've never once not had adequate insurance on anything i've sent, and I've sold tonnes of my old second hand kit, and honestly, I've never had a single thing damaged or lost in the post by RM either. I'm also thankful I can pay less when I don't need more insurance.

Man of Honour
A somewhat lessened point now though that "normal" postage is so expensive. You can only use a "normal" first or second class stamp to send a single sheet of bog roll these days.

Also don't forget that they're supposed to be offering a service. The fact that you can insure the parcel almost means that they're admitting incompetance.

Last edited:
Associate
[TW]Fox;14942544 said:
I just cannot get my head around how retarded it is you should have to pay a firm extra to safeguard yourself against that same firms incompetence. To insure yourself against factors outside their control, sure..

Foxy,
I agree entirely, useless firm whose backside is starting to twitch because the everyday mail may soon be up for grabs.
Most of them are clueless.

Caporegime
I wish Ocuk would offer special delivery as an option, DPD charge £7 as opposed to £4.95 to ship a memory card that must weigh 2 grams, whatever happened to free next day shipping? :(

Soldato
It is an odd situation as you are sending it to royal mail, so why is at your own risk until it is delivered, it's just one part or royal mail giving it to another.

Suspended
The postal strike in London may effect it. I have been waiting a week for a Barbour jacket that hasn't yet shown up. I ordered some books from Amazon the week before last and they took yonks to arrive.

Don't give up hope.

Associate
[TW]Fox;14942558 said:
Good little earner - profit from peoples fear that you'll trash their stuff. Not bad.

I should start a removal company and charge an extra tenner to cover yourself against me selling your stuff on Ebay for a laugh.

:D ha ha ha.. thats a belter, i just spat tea all over the cat laughing at that.

Bad luck on the phone front tho:(

Man of Honour
OP
It is an odd situation as you are sending it to royal mail, so why is at your own risk until it is delivered, it's just one part or royal mail giving it to another.

Exactly - when they receive your phone you get sent a text message which you then take to your nearest....

Post Office.

Thats right - I handed it in at the post office and, had they not lost it, I'd go back to the same post office to collect payment....

Soldato
If it ends up stolen they'll probably turn around and reply with "Sorry, no insurance", but will you send them a letter? (Reocorded delivery off course ;) )

You might get lucky :)

Soldato
How come our Post office is so bad?
Does the French or Dutch work any better?
I know the German post is likely to be excellent, so what's up with ours?

Soldato
Recorded delivery is simply that - a record of delivery. It is sent the same way as a letter with a first class stamp, with no extra insurance, but it has to be signed for on reciept. For example if you sent a document to a large firm in a large building and they claimed they didnt recieve it, the recorded delivery slip would prove it had been delivered and they had lost it internally.

ANYTHING of value should be sent special delivery which is next day priority mail with insurance. If that doesnt get delivered the onus is on the Post Office to cover you for the loss.

Its a sad fact that things do go missing with the Royal Mail. If you send things of value Special Delivery may cost more but it is a very good service and at least you know you are covered should anything go wrong.

Not much consolation after the event of course.

Soldato
As much as I want to keep the traditional "Royal Mail", the one delivering letters from one end of the country to the other was a relatively small amount, I also would love to see the thieving, lazy Royal Mail smashed and replaced with a privatised service.

Even though I know that a privatised service would probably be worse in many ways (cost mainly), I really want to see Royal Mail get their arse kicked. I'm pretty fed up of 1st class letters taking 2-3 days to arrive, not to mention the "While you were out" package slips that are shoved through the door by default because they can't be arsed to carry them around.

Uggg...

Back
Top Bottom