I just quit WoW!

Associate
Title says it all really. 2 years and 4 level 60+ characters later and I'm finally done with World of Warcraft.

It's a shame, as I do still enjoy WoW for all its flaws (which annoy me intensely), but when a game starts to dictate your life something is really wrong.
I always considered myself someone with a fairly steadfast personality in that regard; I don't smoke, rarely drink to excess and certainly don't go crazy for drugs. It's very surprising, when you step back, to see something as innocent looking as an MMORPG sapping away so much of your life.

Ahh, but it's good to be free. I join the ranks of those who have entered to deadly thrall of WoW (no pun intended), and come out the other side :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I quit just before the expansion game, as I weighed up playing it for another year or so and didn't want too, so gave up. Had a few level 60 characters at the time, was fun to play different classes to 60 but really the fun soon ended when you hit that, as you could either PvP or work on tradeskills, and PvP I don't like, and tradeskills... well, most of the good recipes and components only drop in raid zones :/

Anyway, well done for quiting! :) I know some people find it hard, as it is kind of addictive.

Soldato
I played the original EQ then gave up when I had a 62 Shammy. We started doing some serious raiding but the whole experience just sucked my free time..

Only play BF2142 now - short games, easy to put down that fit my free time (sometimes I got for weeks without a game).

Soldato
neverender said:
Title says it all really. 2 years and 4 level 60+ characters later and I'm finally done with World of Warcraft.

It's a shame, as I do still enjoy WoW for all its flaws (which annoy me intensely), but when a game starts to dictate your life something is really wrong.
I always considered myself someone with a fairly steadfast personality in that regard; I don't smoke, rarely drink to excess and certainly don't go crazy for drugs. It's very surprising, when you step back, to see something as innocent looking as an MMORPG sapping away so much of your life.

Ahh, but it's good to be free. I join the ranks of those who have entered to deadly thrall of WoW (no pun intended), and come out the other side :)
Well done mate, at least you saw it and did something. It was the same for me when I was heavily into UT. My girlfriend had to go and sit with my mum when I was gaming I didn't like anyone around me when I was in clan matches. I made the decision to quit too. Good man. :)

Associate
OP
Robert said:
You didn't even get one to 70?

1 60 decked out in level 60 epics, 2 mid-60s and 1 level 70 (that character I just left) who was beginning to amass her tier 4.

ShiWarrior said:
How much did that set you back ?
isnt WoW an online only game where u pa per month?

You best thank your wallet :D :p

To be honest when it comes to money WoW is pretty cheap. I paid £25 per 3 months, and got a damn site more value than I would've buying a new £25 game every X amount of weeks.

neoboy said:
So what you going to do now with all the free time?

LOTRO! Heh, no. Not sure. Probably put all my spare-daytime into my photography again, and blow some evenings away on some old school shooters until something fits the bill.

mishima said:
Good man. :)
Thank you =)

Associate
i quite 1 month ago got sick of the grind got lvl 70 be pala lvl60 tier 3 lock ssc cleared and some of the eye. even though raiding was nice the game becomes a life in its own im now enjoying more time doing things ive wanted to do since the wow beta :s

have to find a sale :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Quit a month ago, loved the game at level 60 but the expansion ruined the game for me. Made £700 out of my accounts though so cant complain. Bought an Xbox 360 and never looked back!

Permabanned
Yeh i quit in March, 1st Draenei Shaman to 70 on my realm. I use to bot like 4 chars to 60 at the same time 24/7 took me around 3 weeks and selling them for £65 wasnt bad, but quit all that about a month after i quite playing properly.

Used the cash to buy this PC, could probably run like 12 at a time on this, but cant be botherd lol.

Soldato
Hmm, Since when did everyone who plays an MMO become an addict?

When did people stop playing for fun and start being addicted?

I play WoW and have played for 12 hours in the last 7 days (xfire says so) and i play because i enjoy the game and the social aspect and i am the raid leader of my guild, now don't get me wrong some weeks i play a lot more, but i only do it if i have the time and there is nothing else to do i know people who play FPS's/RTS's online and they play a lot more than most MMO gamers do but nobody thinks of those as addicts

Can someone please explain where the link between addiction and MMO's came in?

Soldato
neverender said:
To be honest when it comes to money WoW is pretty cheap. I paid £25 per 3 months, and got a damn site more value than I would've buying a new £25 game every X amount of weeks.

I agree with that. If I didn't have WoW, I'd almost certainly be spending the money on other games that I wouldn't play or enjoy as much.

Associate
Try EVE. There is 14 day free trails everywhere.

Just don't do what most Ex-WoWers do and compare it to WoW. They're completely different games. I remember the days before WoW where you wouldn't get people coming to different MMORPG forums asking how to find new NPCs to get quests from or why someone killed them when they weren't in PvP mode. WoW is very carebear compared to EVE.

When your ship blows up in EVE you get very upset (angry) and it hurts. You don't just run in shouting "Leeerooooy" and then spawn again a 10 second run from your corpse.

Back
Top Bottom