I need help

Associate
OP
Yes .

Do you want Wi-Fi on the motherboard to connect to the internet or will you be using a cable from your router ?

If you don't need Wi-Fi you can get a cheaper motherboard as I mentioned before.
Oh right yeah I need wifi as my router is not close to my pc, could I just go for the cheaper motherboard and use a wifi dongle? Thanks

Man of Honour
Oh right yeah I need wifi as my router is not close to my pc, could I just go for the cheaper motherboard and use a wifi dongle? Thanks
You could get a cheap motherboard and a Wi-Fi dongle if you want, I have put both motherboards below so take your pick.

My basket at OcUK:
Total: £256.07 (includes delivery: £11.10)​

Associate
OP
You could get a cheap motherboard and a Wi-Fi dongle if you want, I have put both motherboards below so take your pick.

My basket at OcUK:
Total: £256.07 (includes delivery: £11.10)​
Ok great thank you I will probably go with the cheaper motherboard and use a wifi dongle to save some money and then get the NZXT power supply, just one more again will this all definitely work and fit in my new case and work with my cpu and gpu I have at the moment which is a Intel I5 - 10400F (10th gen) and a Nvidia GTX 1660 super. Thanks

Man of Honour
Ok great thank you I will probably go with the cheaper motherboard and use a wifi dongle to save some money and then get the NZXT power supply, just one more again will this all definitely work and fit in my new case and work with my cpu and gpu I have at the moment which is a Intel I5 - 10400F (10th gen) and a Nvidia GTX 1660 super. Thanks
Yes to best of my knowledge I have checked and checked again but you could always wait for a second confirmation from another forum member.

@Tetras knows his stuff .

Man of Honour

Onboard wifi is usually better than a cheap USB dongle (faster and more reliable), but it's up to you. If you already have one that works fine then it makes sense, I guess.

To be specific about compatibility:
- The 10400F is a socket 1200 CPU and the motherboards are socket 1200 (B560M Mortar, B560 Aorus Elite).
- The motherboards are Micro-ATX, the case is Micro-ATX.
- The PSU is ATX, the case takes an ATX PSU.

:)

Associate
OP
Onboard wifi is usually better than a cheap USB dongle (faster and more reliable), but it's up to you. If you already have one that works fine then it makes sense, I guess.

To be specific about compatibility:
- The 10400F is a socket 1200 CPU and the motherboards are socket 1200 (B560M Mortar, B560 Aorus Elite).
- The motherboards are Micro-ATX, the case is Micro-ATX.
- The PSU is ATX, the case takes an ATX PSU.

:)
Ok great so everything will fit for me yeah?

Man of Honour
Hi there again just wondering is there any cheaper motherboard I could get or any cheaper power supply please. Thanks

Well, you could buy an H510 motherboard like the MSI H510M-A for £60 (I think there are a few slightly cheaper ones), but the problem is that you'll lessen the potential for future upgrades, because they have weaker VRMs with no heatsinks and only support 2 dimms, with just 1 m.2 slot.

The PSU is the same, if you go much cheaper you start getting sleeve bearing fans, Chinese capacitors, 3 or 5 year warranties and it might struggle if you upgrade the graphics card. I think that would be a false economy in the longer-term.

Associate
OP
Well, you could buy an H510 motherboard like the MSI H510M-A for £60 (I think there are a few slightly cheaper ones), but the problem is that you'll lessen the potential for future upgrades, because they have weaker VRMs with no heatsinks and only support 2 dimms, with just 1 m.2 slot.

The PSU is the same, if you go much cheaper you start getting sleeve bearing fans, Chinese capacitors, 3 or 5 year warranties and it might struggle if you upgrade the graphics card. I think that would be a false economy in the longer-term.
Ok no worries, I’ll probably just keep to the NZXT PSU and get a cheaper MB. Thanks

Man of Honour
Ok no worries, I’ll probably just keep to the NZXT PSU and get a cheaper MB. Thanks

I forgot to mention that H510 also can't overclock the memory. On an i5-10400 that will limit you to DDR4-2666 Mhz. You can install faster memory, it just won't run at that speed.

Man of Honour
Wait what do you mean by this?

The i5-10400 has a stock memory speed of 2666 and that is the fastest speed H510 will support, with this CPU. If you install e.g. 3200 memory, it will still run at 2666.

With B560, you can run at whatever memory speed you want.

Associate
OP
The i5-10400 has a stock memory speed of 2666 and that is the fastest speed H510 will support, with this CPU. If you install e.g. 3200 memory, it will still run at 2666.

With B560, you can run at whatever memory speed you want.
Ahhh ok i see what you mean now, Since I'm on a budget here what do you think of the Gigabyte B560M Aorus Elite (Socket LGA 1200) Micro ATX Motherboard you suggested to me as this one is only £79.99 so quite cheap compared to the other MSI one u suggested to me. Thanks

Man of Honour
Ahhh ok i see what you mean now, Since I'm on a budget here what do you think of the Gigabyte B560M Aorus Elite (Socket LGA 1200) Micro ATX Motherboard you suggested to me as this one is only £79.99 so quite cheap compared to the other MSI one u suggested to me. Thanks

It looks decent, but I haven't seen any reviews.

Back
Top Bottom