I think i'm getting "into" movie soundtracks, help!

Associate
Yeah this is where I'm at musically at the moment, listening to older soundtracks. If you get a chance have a listen to 'The Fountain' soundtrack, it's a little different but I think you may appreciate it. Will keep an eye on this thread for new ideas. The new version of the Time Machine has a good soundtrack too.

Soldato
my favourite soundtracks are from irreversible and the shining

both perfectly set the scene and make you feel your a part of the film

both contain purely disturbing pieces of music though. the sort that makes you feel things that youd never think that just sound alone could do

things like
and

Caporegime
OP
Just listened to the Stargate soundtrack... it's epic in that grand biblical sort of sense that has you gazing off into the distance fantasizing.

Some good suggestions too chaps, please just bear in mind that it's quite specifically the classical orchestral and traditional pipe/orchestra accompaniment stuff that i'm really looking for. I do love a lot of more modern tuff like the American Beauty soundtrack but it doesn't have quite the same tingle on my brain. :)

I always thought the Edward Scissorhands soundtrack by Danny Elfman was amazing.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v2Eai1TCGE

Ooooo good call. :)

Associate
for classical i would try the truman show, great film and really sad music.

my other personal faves include.

scarface
the business
the perfect storm
truman show
lock stock
scream 2
kingpin (awesome!!!)
batman (batdance anybody??)
braveheart
heat
team america (aids aids aids aids aids aids!)
kill bill
equilibrium
and the main theme from Dragon : The bruce lee story is epic!!!!

Back
Top Bottom