• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i7 6700k Owners Club

OcUK Staff
Its 8Pack approved as in I tested the components to make sure they work together well and that the overclock is attainable on all CPU and by all end users.

This is not an 8Pack Overclocked Bundle that will be launched with much higher CPU, Uncore and Memory Overclocks with fully binned components.

8Pack approved and 8Pack Overclocked massively different.

Soldato
OP
Well... Looks like my ES chip is a good sample as all of the retail ones struggle past 4.5 without silly voltage. They also do not like 64Gb (4x16Gb 2666Mhz) either.

Nonsense. Look at the opening post, I got 4.7Ghz easily on day one, without tuning anything.

Why would anyone be using 64GB of RAM with a quad core exactly? That's not the intended use, if you actually need that much ram then you need the additional cores from Haswell-E for those applications.

Associate
Does anyone have any ideas about when the OEM 6700k is going to be in stock? Right now it's sat at 319, but it's currently listed as "Due Soon", and I can't see a due date. i've got one sat in my basket ready to go, i've also got a 32 GB Vengeance kit (2x 16 DIMMs) and a Asus-A ready to go.

And while a sane person right now would probably say "go x99", i would, but the top most PCIE slot on most x99 boards i've seen seems really close to the CPU, and since i'll be putting a NH-D15 on this thing, i would rather avoid space conflict, which is why i've decided to go skylake (besides the fact that i don't need a second GPU, and i rarely max out this current 6600 i'm using so...)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Why do you feel the need to lie like that? They didn't ship enough, that's all.

It's the most unpopular chip I can remember.

Many thousands of 6700k's have already shipped - and been sold. It can be found in countless OEM gaming builds already.

Yes there was a stock shortage early on, though that's pretty much over with now and it can be found in stock at many retailers.

Associate
The current pricing is outrageous. The 4790K stayed within a band £230-£270 whereas Skylake has risen steadily to +50% now. Supply is possibly in constraint due to the product revision at the end of the month, so suppliers without stock should soon have them - whereas any showing availability now presumably have the older item.

Soldato
OP
I'm glad I got mine for £245 a few weeks ago!

:cool:

Still happy/satisfied with the 6700k I paid £320 for over 2 months ago on release day, really was a great purchase/upgrade from my i7 920 :)

Settled on a 4.7Ghz clock at 1.32V, been rock solid stable and runs so cool at that voltage.

Soldato
OP
Manual voltage 1.32V in uefi bios ?

Adaptive 1.30 with 0.2 adaptive, for when it turbo's up to 4.7Ghz.

That was the only way I could get it to downclock and downvolt to 0.7V at low loads/idle, though this is on a older BIOS, perhaps I don't need adaptive for that with a newer BIOS.

Associate
:cool:

Still happy/satisfied with the 6700k I paid £320 for over 2 months ago on release day, really was a great purchase/upgrade from my i7 920 :)

Settled on a 4.7Ghz clock at 1.32V, been rock solid stable and runs so cool at that voltage.

Same, got my 6700k for £320 on the 6th August... Sure its a little pricey and didn't offer a massive leap but its a great chip, runs cool and smashes everything I've tried throwing at it!

Back
Top Bottom