• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i7 6700k Owners Club

Caporegime
The availability of the 6700k has been pretty limited. I'm a member of another forum with members from all over Europe and the usa. Many have stated that its been pretty hard to get a hold of theese chips. But availability of the i5 6600k has been ok.

Soldato
The availability of the 6700k has been pretty limited. I'm a member of another forum with members from all over Europe and the usa. Many have stated that its been pretty hard to get a hold of theese chips. But availability of the i5 6600k has been ok.

Not any more mate. These chips have been widely available for the last few weeks. I have a few friends that work for a few of the big e-tailers and theirs plenty of stock. In fact stock is over flowing. Skylake has been a smash hit and they can charge what ever price they want and know people will buy it. ocuk really taking the mickey with there price £50 more then most?

Associate
This is not an 8Pack Overclocked Bundle that will be launched with much higher CPU, Uncore and Memory Overclocks with fully binned components.

Interesting i have the Haswell 4.6ghz+ Extreme overclocked bundle which works amazingly well.

What sort of clocks will the Skylake overclocked bundle have and are they delidded etc?

if your getting 4.8-5ghz i will buy it in an instant :D

Associate
Not any more mate. These chips have been widely available for the last few weeks. I have a few friends that work for a few of the big e-tailers and theirs plenty of stock. In fact stock is over flowing. Skylake has been a smash hit and they can charge what ever price they want and know people will buy it. ocuk really taking the mickey with there price £50 more then most?
No - a simple check will show most outlets in GB and DE are awaiting stock sometime into November (maybe accurate maybe a guess). Those few etailers that have stock are behaving more like bedroom ebay sellers and trying to make an extra £50 on a few dozen sales - which will be remembered.

Associate
6700k has shot up in price so much, seen it for £360-£380. So lucky I decided to build a PC when Skylake just released. I bought mine on release day and it cost like 270 or 280.

Soldato
6700k has shot up in price so much, seen it for £360-£380. So lucky I decided to build a PC when Skylake just released. I bought mine on release day and it cost like 270 or 280.

It's Intel, why would retailers sell them at insane prices if not to put people off and they go off and purchase that 4790k at £250 that needs shifted.

Associate
Ya know, i actually can't imagine what Intel (or Nvidia) would try to pull if AMD either stopped making CPUs or just flat out collapsed.

Thank god i found a 6700k from a e-retailer from the states, just waiting for it to be delivered, then i'll order a new mobo and ram from ocuk, and i'm all set. (provided MS will give me a new Win 7 OEM key)

Associate
No its on the benchmark tab.

realbench-v24-2.png

I can't I have seen any mouse issues, do you have a mouse with a ridiculous refresh rate?

Associate
I run the stress testing bit for around two hours yesterday and went through without any issues. I`ll do the one you are saying but it feels stable for now.

Back
Top Bottom