• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I9 9900k

Think i may have sorted the problem, i forgot that the heatkiller cpu block only fits one way on the asus board and i had it fitted the wrong way pressing down on the caps and not making full contact with the cpu either. :o

Managed to get the RGB predator synced with the mobo no problem so i'll be sending the Gigabyte board back unopened now.

Last edited:
Think i may have sorted the problem, i forgot that the heatkiller cpu block only fits one way on the asus board and i had it fitted the wrong way pressing down on the caps and not making full contact with the cpu either. :o

Managed to get the RGB predator synced with the mobo no problem so i'll be sending the Gigabyte board back unopened now.

So you were basically overheating your CPU? don't think you have some damage from that?

The cpu never overheated but temps got hotter than they should with my setup but pressing down on those caps must have been doing something to system stability.

Hi getting my cpu tomorrow and planning on running with 120 rad and fan on an nxzt aio. Any advise on overclocking as I also got a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master mobo.

Hi getting my cpu tomorrow and planning on running with 120 rad and fan on an nxzt aio. Any advise on overclocking as I also got a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master mobo.

Hi, overclocking will very much depend on your chip, the old Silicon Lottery, and what voltage it requires for a defined frequency, an AIO with just a 120 rad is going to limit your overclocking to be honest, as these chips do get hot, especially if your chip requires higher voltages. But then you could get a good sample that requires lower voltages, all trial and error really.

Hi, overclocking will very much depend on your chip, the old Silicon Lottery, and what voltage it requires for a defined frequency, an AIO with just a 120 rad is going to limit your overclocking to be honest, as these chips do get hot, especially if your chip requires higher voltages. But then you could get a good sample that requires lower voltages, all trial and error really.
Thanks for taking the time to respond I do have another 240 aio but I was planning on using that on the 2080ti guess I will be testing a lot this week

An hour into a Aida64 stability test, non FPU as wont be using anything that requires it. 5.2ghz core and 4.9ghz cache, I am using an Adaptive voltage.

e96dafd3-3220-4205-866d-19af5c6110fa-original.jpg

142a07e0-f04a-48ac-90a3-8a60e7701f32-original.jpg

I just added another 2 x 140mm Corsair ML pro fans to my H115i Platinum.

So 4x Fans (push/ Pull) small FFT running all at 450 rpm silent mode.

Knocked off around 4c :D Running prime small FFT :eek::p

YrgZThO.jpg

VxMxvY9.jpg

I just added another 2 x 140mm Corsair ML pro fans to my H115i Platinum.

So 4x Fans small FFT running all at 450 rpm silent mode.

Knocked off around 4c :D Running prime small FFT :eek::p

YrgZThO.jpg

VxMxvY9.jpg
Wow knew they got hot but not
That much.. you running 4.6 on all cores and still hitting 70+ temp. Have you tried running without hypertreading running at all just for games? Will that reduce the temps do you think? I only upgraded as needed a new mobo due to having too many fans and only having one pwm header on the old mobo.. upgrading from a 6700k so only had 4 real cores so not expecting a massive increase. Got a great deal on the 9900k so couldnt turn it down. Guessing 8 real cores will be better than the 4 plus ht from 6700. Think will try the 240 aio then looking at those temps!! Thanks by the way

Wow knew they got hot but not
That much.. you running 4.6 on all cores and still hitting 70+ temp. Have you tried running without hypertreading running at all just for games? Will that reduce the temps do you think? I only upgraded as needed a new mobo due to having too many fans and only having one pwm header on the old mobo.. upgrading from a 6700k so only had 4 cores real cores so not expecting a massive increase. Got a great deal on the 9900k so couldnt turn it down. Guessing 8 real cores will be better than the 4 plus ht from 6700. Think will try the 240 aio then looking at those temps!! Thanks by the way

Dude thats running Small FFT in prime....Not Cinebench totally silent :p

Cinebench I get temps of 62 ish...

f5c73OZ.jpg

4 x 140 ML Pro and 3 x 120mm Gentle Typhoons :D

Back plate for the 1080ti on order :)
Ok sorry for being dumb.. new to this oc stuff, you have 4 fans attached to that rad, what’s the setup? Push / pull, all intake or exhaust? Silly question but will 4 on one rad do a much better job than two? Might get another two then

Back
Top Bottom