• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I9 9900k

Ok sorry for being dumb.. new to this oc stuff, you have 4 fans attached to that rad, what’s the setup? Push / pull, all intake or exhaust? Silly question but will 4 on one rad do a much better job than two? Might get another two then

Got them Push / Pull....Drawing in air from the front of the case...TBH I didn't think it would make any difference on a 280 radiator but my temps dropped 4c and I'm getting even less noise due to the Rad not being directly in front of the case.

:D

Wow knew they got hot but not
That much.. you running 4.6 on all cores and still hitting 70+ temp. Have you tried running without hypertreading running at all just for games? Will that reduce the temps do you think? I only upgraded as needed a new mobo due to having too many fans and only having one pwm header on the old mobo.. upgrading from a 6700k so only had 4 real cores so not expecting a massive increase. Got a great deal on the 9900k so couldnt turn it down. Guessing 8 real cores will be better than the 4 plus ht from 6700. Think will try the 240 aio then looking at those temps!! Thanks by the way

Disabled HT on my 9900k since my workloads don’t benefit at all.

In real usage, shaved about 20 degrees temp and at the same volts. 1.27v gained 200mhz clockspeed.

I’ll take it. Dark rock 4 cooler.

Had the maximus hero before and was having crashes constantly.
I have had my 9900K running in my Z370 Asrock Professional Gaming i7 perfectly but for some reason it keeps hard crashing my system under any GPU load.

I did have a water leak in my system only just before xmas and it went on the motherboard (let it dry for a week and then used electrical cleaner on it tho) so dont know if that had anything to do with it.

Regardless ive ordered the Master anyway so hope its as good as the Asrock one.

My 9900K does 5Ghz at 1.180v cinebench stable so it seems a decent CPU.

Got the Aorus master up and running, everything seems to run fine at last!. :)
I’ve got the same setup, getting a really odd error though on my ram.. if I try two channel it errors with a c1. The bios even warns me at boot that I’m not running best configuration and should change it. Can’t remember the model of the ram now but it worked no problem in pervious mobo. The odd thing is that it Ocs no problem to 4000mhz from 2300 but it’s single channel.

Oh well just ordered some more and can sell the old ram along with the old mobo and coy etc.

Is there some default oc being applied as the cpu was oc’d to 5ghz on first boot?

I’ve just received this today to replace my Asrock Z390 Extreme 4

KXZ96Nc_d.jpg

It’s funny @fornowagain had the Gigabyte and sent it back for the Hero, @khemist sends his hero back for the gigabyte and I send my Asrock back for the Hero...:p lol

Wonder if I’ll be sending the Hero back for the Gigabyte or MSI :p

There's nothing wrong with the Hero's VRM. Its ripple is fine, transient response is excellent and its bloody stable. Efficiency puts it at 20W heat loss at 250A. Comparable to the Aorus Master, which I've also had and sent back. The Hero clocked better and its damn sight easier to use.

Last edited:
I have had my 9900K running in my Z370 Asrock Professional Gaming i7 perfectly but for some reason it keeps hard crashing my system under any GPU load.

I did have a water leak in my system only just before xmas and it went on the motherboard (let it dry for a week and then used electrical cleaner on it tho) so dont know if that had anything to do with it.

Regardless ive ordered the Master anyway so hope its as good as the Asrock one.

My 9900K does 5Ghz at 1.180v cinebench stable so it seems a decent CPU.

Please post a screen shot of cpu-z full load :)

I would like to compare it to mine.

I see Intel have now announced KF variants of the CPU's with no integrated GPU.

Guess that will help with yeilds and shortages, probably be selling them for the same price though. :p

It makes financial sense for Intel. I expect they have a bunch of CPUs they can't sell due to faulty iGPU portions so selling them as a separate SKU would help ease the supply issues and turn an otherwise unprofitable bit of silicon into something they can get a return on.

It makes financial sense for Intel. I expect they have a bunch of CPUs they can't sell due to faulty iGPU portions so selling them as a separate SKU would help ease the supply issues and turn an otherwise unprofitable bit of silicon into something they can get a return on.

I've got the funny feeling Intel may end up with over supply of the 9900K and end up making them into 9700's or even 9600's unless they drop the price. I mean this week everything looks great, but in a couple of weeks demand may all of a sudden start to wane somewhat. :p

I've got the funny feeling Intel may end up with over supply of the 9900K and end up making them into 9700's or even 9600's unless they drop the price. I mean this week everything looks great, but in a couple of weeks demand may all of a sudden start to wane somewhat. :p

I don't know about that, anything that just barely qualifies as a 9900k seems to be binned as such right now. I don't recall the disparity between high and low bins being so large with previous high end releases from Intel, which suggest to me that they are lowering their threshold a bit to get more CPUs branded as 9900k. If supply wasn't incredibly tight (despite the increased availability in retail) then I would expect them to be binning more aggressively.
But who knows, as you say, demand may change sharply when the new year comes and new CPUs are announced.
I'd like to think they would reduce the price of the 9 series to start shifting stock, but this is Intel we're talking about so :D

I don't know about that, anything that just barely qualifies as a 9900k seems to be binned as such right now. I don't recall the disparity between high and low bins being so large with previous high end releases from Intel, which suggest to me that they are lowering their threshold a bit to get more CPUs branded as 9900k. If supply wasn't incredibly tight (despite the increased availability in retail) then I would expect them to be binning more aggressively.
But who knows, as you say, demand may change sharply when the new year comes and new CPUs are announced.
I'd like to think they would reduce the price of the 9 series to start shifting stock, but this is Intel we're talking about so :D

Maybe they are getting ready for Zen 2 and dropping the 9900k to £299 :p

Oh my days the reports of these running with high temps weren’t wrong were they :) got this running on a 240 aio and it sound like a airplane taking off. Was running alll cores at 5mhz but have dropped it to 4.8 for now.

Back
Top Bottom