Icecold's mobility thread

Associate
Icecold....have you come across any particular rehab exercices for shoulder A/C joint. I screwed mine about 8-9 months ago...and just cant get rid of the problem. Seems to be getting beter for a while...then it just goes mega-strained again. Stretching...doing light band work daily between workouts aslo for months.
Cheers

Caporegime
Icecold....have you come across any particular rehab exercices for shoulder A/C joint. I screwed mine about 8-9 months ago...and just cant get rid of the problem. Seems to be getting beter for a while...then it just goes mega-strained again. Stretching...doing light band work daily between workouts aslo for months.
Cheers

Can you elaborate on your issue? I mean, the A/C joint bit? Probably same as mine :p

Man of Honour
OP
Ice, I've just started waiting tables for the summer so am on my feet for up to 11-12 hour shifts. This is giving me pretty bad lower back pain by the end, especially when I'm working consecutive days. Is there any stretching that would be particularly beneficial before / after the days work? I try to keep a good posture at work, back straight, head up shoulders down and back core engaged and I make sure to lift properly.

My foam roller's arrived today so I'm going to use that every morning and evening and the resistance bands should be here in a few days.

Cheers
There is one obvious point you've missed, despite taking the care you are.

Hip orientation and associated lumbar extension.

It sounds like you could be suffering from what I used to; anterior pelvic tilt and lordosis. This tends to be aggravated by tight front of hip/upper thigh (hip flexors/quads), weak abs and poorly activated glutes.

Things to try:
- have your glutes and abs turned on 10% all the time
- do a lot of anti-extension anterior core work (some listed in the OP of the exercise guide)
- stretch and perform soft tissue work on your quads and hip flexors (check the squatting guide for these)

Right guys, i'm after some shoulder rehab stuff, currently trying to do shoulder dislocations, anything else I can add in there? No monies?

Cheers
I'm going to put together a general shoulder post. The OP of this thread is a good place to start, but I've learnt a lot (and almost fixed my shoulders!) since then.

Associate
Things to try:
- have your glutes and abs turned on 10% all the time
- do a lot of anti-extension anterior core work (some listed in the OP of the exercise guide)
- stretch and perform soft tissue work on your quads and hip flexors (check the squatting guide for these)

Awesome as usual, thanks Ice! Got 2 days off after tonight so I'll get on these in the next few days as well as making sure to try and keep the glutes/abs on.

Caporegime
Will do chap! :D

I used to do the thing where you hold on to a bar behind you, but it's pretty difficult to stop my shoulder rotating, if that's the correct way to describe what was happening

Associate
Things to try:
- have your glutes and abs turned on 10% all the time!!!!!111

This.

Associate

Will definitely be on this... tomorrow... 3rd year results day today, I feel I warrant a day off :p

Edit: Just to say I did make sure to do this on my last shift but tonight is the culmination of uni so everything is thrown out the window

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Give them a pasting every other day.

This is good to do as well, focusing on pinching the shoulder blades together

Full post on shoulders on it's way.

Soldato
When I go from squat to BB chest press I get a pain in my left hip when pushing out the final reps. Think I've mentioned it before but I had it pretty bad today. I'm guessing it's due to the hip being compressed (if that is the right word to use) when squatting and then being completely maxed out the other way when pressing?

Is there anything I should do in between? Stretch or just do another exercise? The last time it happened I just waited a bit and it seemed to stop. I don't fancy waiting for long every time it happens if it is avoidable.

Caporegime
Thanks ice, don't think I can do those with the green band I have though sadly.

Right...I've lost my doggy ball...So I need to order a new one or get a lacrosse ball, so where can I order one from?

Back
Top Bottom