Icecold's mobility thread

Ice I've been hammering my shoulder internal rotation and it's coming along nicely. I just wondered if there something you could recommend for the rest of my shoulder ROM? I don't do any external rotation stuff.

My ball came today and I thought it was a bit soft but then used it on the upper back and a whole new world of pain was opened :( Seems a little soft for glute work but that's where the foam roller comes in I guess.

The one I bought is pretty cheap so I would go for that one.

Ice I've been hammering my shoulder internal rotation and it's coming along nicely. I just wondered if there something you could recommend for the rest of my shoulder ROM? I don't do any external rotation stuff.
The stuff in the OP is good. I tend to just freestyle it these days, but from memory "5 way shoulder" is good.
Just about to order the lacrosse ball...

But which roller should I get? The EVA or EPP one? It was recommended to get the EVA one previously in the thread...
EPP, it will hurt a LOT at first but it's worth it.

My ball came today and I thought it was a bit soft but then used it on the upper back and a whole new world of pain was opened :( Seems a little soft for glute work but that's where the foam roller comes in I guess.

The one I bought is pretty cheap so I would go for that one.

Yeah figured they'd be reasonably soft, but it may allow me to work on my scapula properly as opposed to leaning against a wall and doing it :p

I'm used to using a rock hard rubber doggy ball mate! Works wonders. Just go to a Jollys (pet superstore) or pets at home and see if you can grab one from there for something a lot harder. Only cost a couple of quid but it's good for when somethings REALLY tight and twisted

EPP, it will hurt a LOT at first but it's worth it.

Hm okay, so the EVA one is softer? I'll try order it today anyway

Hmm...Those lacrosse balls arrived today........................

There is nothing to them? And they have a hole in the side so all of the air comes out and the thing just goes flat :p

Is this normal for lacrosse balls or? I'm used to some solid rubber dog ball that doesn't shift if you stuck a car on it :o

Yeah, mine has a hole but doesn't go completely flat, it goes to about 2/3 of the size.

Like I said before, it doesn't appear to be any good for the legs but it feels fine for the back and shoulders - not that I have anything else to compare it to, the cricket ball just kept slipping out.

Back
Top Bottom