Icecold's mobility thread

^very true.

There's no reason to stop deadlifting (for Deception specifically, just in case there are any Delvises around ;)), just work with 60-80kg for a while until the form sticks.

^very true.

There's no reason to stop deadlifting (for Deception specifically, just in case there are any Delvises around ;)), just work with 60-80kg for a while until the form sticks.

Pretty much like I did with Squats then. I will just lower weight and keep at it :). Also, was that hamstring mobility a good addition to the load order one too?

Just back from my physio with a bunch of exercises to increase my balance and strength around my ankle.
I was on a small squishy pad for some of them and so I can carried on excercising at home think I want one.
Found two similar items on Amazon both by 66fit.
This one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/66Fit-Wobbl...AXFK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335280808&sr=8-2
or this one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/66Fit-Wobbl...9G/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1335280808&sr=8-14
Both look to do the same thing, the top one was what the physio had though.
Any opinions?

Here's a random question: reckon the foot pump for my gym ball will work in the cushion?
As amazon have one for a fiver less without a pump and I've got one from my sainsbury's bargain gymball.
also the cheep doesn't have the spikes, not that I can see that making any difference.

So after a year and three months, Im finally seeing a physio who knows what he is doing.

I have 50% more movement in my left hand side than my right.
5/7 muscles in my neck are locked.
Im slouching over and down to the right.
My shoulder are dropping to the right.
My ribs are not aligned properly.

Was pulling my neck/shoulders every which way, some incredible pain, but very eye opening. On to recovery now!

Icecold, I seem to have sprained my left wrist benching. Am icing and resting it but do you have any tips for when I get back to it? Wrist mobility exercises? Would it be a good idea to get some proper wrist wraps to help protect them (to begin with)?

Kind regards

Skull

Provided that you're making sure you're gripping the bar properly now, wrist wraps would be a sound investment.

There are a few wrist mobility videos on MWOD. I've used a couple but I don't know how well your injury will cope with them. Have a look and play around with it.

I totally forgot about this!

delbuenno, you asked previously about glute stretching and squatting...

I spoke to some other S&C coaches about this, and their explanation was this:

Because of the knee flexion involved in squatting (particularly high bar), the hamstrings are almost at their resting length at the bottom of the squat. There is always going to be some variance with different femur:torso relationships, but generally the two joint muscles of the hip aren't going to be the limiting factor when squatting.

What we're typically left with is ankle flexion ROM issues and non-hamstring limited hip flexion, for which glutes are the principal limiting factor.

I'd still say ankles were the biggest enemy of a good squat, but glutes are something you should be hitting. After those two it gets a little more complicated.

Back
Top Bottom