Icecold's mobility thread

PAz

PAz

Soldato
So heres what I did - a mate and I warmed up with a foam roller, across lower back, glutes and hams. It felt GREAT. So loooose. I did your wee test and touched my toes before and after, so much better after.

Warmed up for my squats, did 120 x 8, no problems. Put 130 on and then back went all stiff again. Not sure if its just knackered and needs resting from the snow or what. Can I foam roll between sets or is that a no no?

Man of Honour
OP
Foam roll whenever, but from what you describe it's more likely now that there is a technique issue (or you're just slightly more tweaked than you're able to cure with 1 session of rolling).

Does the video Delvis posted ring any bells?

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Not really sure on the video Delvis posted. LiE said to post a video of my squat form so I'll do that on Sunday and post it up in the form thread. Thnx for help.

dod

dod

Soldato
Been paying attention to form videos on Bulgarian split squats and I think my torso seems to be leaning forward a bit more than it should be, certainly more than it shows in the vids. I'm guessing it's an issue of some kind with hip mobility?

Thug
Soldato
Gah, through general posture, sleeping and a physical week, I'm feeling real sore on that bit between the shoulders and the neck (sort of where it joins). Painful to the touch.

How do I ease through this ache?

Man of Honour
OP
Gah, through general posture, sleeping and a physical week, I'm feeling real sore on that bit between the shoulders and the neck (sort of where it joins). Painful to the touch.

How do I ease through this ache?

I think you misunderstand what this thread is for.
Reading this back, I sound like a douche.

Let me be a little bit more helpful.

A small amount of reading in this thread would have told you that a lot muscle soreness is best attacked with soft tissue massage techniques and some stretching. A bit more research would have allowed you to tell us exactly what muscle was sore, which would mean we wouldn't have to guess.

Also, your posture is your responsibility to fix. It's literally as simple as finding out how to stand/sit, and just doing it all the time. If you can't do that, I can't help you.

Your posts in this subforum have come across as a bit lazy, to me anyway. It would help you tremendously to read some of the resources here and elsewhere, as not only would you know more, but your questions could be more targeted and you wouldn't be asking people to rehash often repeated fundamentals to provide you with the appropriate information.

Read that back, I still sound like a douche...

Soldato
Doesn't come across like that tbh ice, everything he needs to know has been said by your self before and probably in this thread.

In other news, my roller arrived today, omg my poor legs!!

Gonna start doing my streching every morning instead of just before warming up now, think I'll really benefit :)

Man of Honour
OP
:)

Remembering to mobilise more frequently is hugely beneficial. It's like time under tension with lifting weights, only more painful and you get weirder looks.

Soldato
So, ankles....

I'm concerned about the angles I have to set my cleats at on my SPD shoes, and i'm not certain everything around my ankle is pulling as it should

How do i get my feet to "straighten up and fly right" as it were?

Caporegime
With a hammer? Seems odd rolling your arms :p

It feels like it's on the outer insertion to my elbow from the bicep, annoying, pulling the hand brake on in the mornings is difficult enough :o

Associate
Try it on the barbell at the gym for the best time. Unless you have a stick, like the one I had at the weekend, then it's very fiddly to do with a roller. A ball can work though, doing it on a surface works best.

Back
Top Bottom