Icecold's mobility thread

Caporegime
Anything to hit my left hip capsule? Just feels like everything in and around it wants to pop or it's caught on something...

I'll smash it with a ball tonight along with the surrounding area, it didn't start aching until I did some work on my TFL region a few days/a week ago

HUZZAH!

Man of Honour
OP
There are some hip capsule specific things that I can show you when you come to Iffley, but I'd bet literally sitting on your lacrosse ball and attacking those hamstring/adductor insertions would help. For maximum grundle punishment you'll need to do this o a solid chair/bench/whatever

Caporegime
There are some hip capsule specific things that I can show you when you come to Iffley, but I'd bet literally sitting on your lacrosse ball and attacking those hamstring/adductor insertions would help. For maximum grundle punishment you'll need to do this o a solid chair/bench/whatever

I have a small pedestal thing I can use, so will do that and report back :)

P.S: Are you referring to this Sat or the one at the end of the month as I wasn't sure what was going on regarding this weekend. x <3

Man of Honour
To stop you making a trip to snap city

kd

Punk ass mother****er. Snap city... people lookin' at my form saying snap city... those people livin in fear, scared they might hurt themselves, they just sit around all day drinkin beer and chattin ****. Snap city... snap city's where you live, muscleville's where I'm headed - I'm muscle bound mother****er. Snap city...

Soldato
Punk ass mother****er. Snap city... people lookin' at my form saying snap city... those people livin in fear, scared they might hurt themselves, they just sit around all day drinkin beer and chattin ****. Snap city... snap city's where you live, muscleville's where I'm headed - I'm muscle bound mother****er. Snap city...

Whist I appreciate the sentiment, ultimately, a small amount of maintenance time reduces injury significantly, with injury being a significant setback in getting to muscleville :p ;)

kd

Man of Honour
My hip flexors are getting tight and painful from squats, so I've been looking up some mobility videos. I have no idea how he gets into some of these positions so easily... but god damn is it funny :D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What helped with my hips was rolling a lacrosse ball around the knee, IT Band/Quad knee insertion area. Then rolling the actual TFL/Quad/Abductor/IT Band pretty much all the leg.

Man of Honour
OP
http://www.mcmillanspeed.com/2013/03/what-is-weakness-anyway-guest-post-from.html

Cliffs:
- the quality of your tissue directly effects your strength
- muscle weakness can be a direct result of gummed up fascia
- poor tissue quality can affect joint positioning and therefore strength
- improper fascial connections (stuck where they aren't meant to be) effects muscle firing sequence and output

Essentially, what I've been saying forever.

Back
Top Bottom