Icecold's mobility thread

If I lift my left are in a lateral raise motion after 90 degrees one of my tendons or something feels like it's moving over something else and makes a slight noise. There's no pain, is this anything to be worried about?

Looking to get a foam roller. I'm still relatively new to SL and my whole body is always sore after a gym session. I'm still pretty weak and don't have much muscle mass as of yet. The rumble one looks like it'd kill me at the mo, so should I just go for this one?

Do I use this before and after workouts and do I use it the next day when the soreness kicks in?

Stupid question, but do I just roll on it like I'm trying to massage my leg/back muscles?

Either the EPP one or the GRID

You can use it before a workout, just bare in mind doing too much soft tissue work before a workout can be counter productive effectively, by all means use it to loosen up. After is a good shout as well if you get time, otherwise smash yourself in the evening.

Just use it basically, you won't thank us either ;) The rumble roller will be needed one day, especially for your back, but see how you get on first before forking out too much

That's entirely up to you or not buddy. Depends whether or not you need it at the gym. If you get time after your workout it may be a good idea to roll around for a bit. Otherwise do it at home.

I'd suggest you have more of a read of the thread.

Rollers will not get rid of DOMS (soreness).

Soft tissue work can be used as part of a warm up for tight or vulnerable muscles, but to actually improve tissue quality you will want to perform it as far away from exercise as possible.

Back
Top Bottom