Icecold's mobility thread

Soldato
Subscribed :)

Been looking over MWOD and the links you gave me for squats. As well as Squat to stand with reach video. Is there anything else I can look at putting in to my mobility routine to help avoid lowerback pain for squats and deadlifts (accidentally pulled instead of push and now I get lower back pain from lifting the littliest thing).

I did try squat with face against wall and kept falling on my backside too, so looks like I have even more issues :(

I do have a foam roller and ball too, for tissue work.

Man of Honour
OP
Lacrosse ball soft tissue work, sit on it and put the foot of the leg on the side your treating over the other knee. Also try lying on your back with your feet up on something to get your high glute. AND... do pullthroughs with your knees very wide to wake up your glute-medius.

Can't stress the knees out thing enough, this means ankle health, adductor condition, TFL condition, and hip flexor condition/length.

Soldato
Lacrosse ball soft tissue work, sit on it and put the foot of the leg on the side your treating over the other knee. Also try lying on your back with your feet up on something to get your high glute. AND... do pullthroughs with your knees very wide to wake up your glute-medius.

Can't stress the knees out thing enough, this means ankle health, adductor condition, TFL condition, and hip flexor condition/length.

Can I find most of these on the MWOD video's? I think ive seen the ankle health one on there while browsing this morning.

Soldato
Hey Ice,

I just did a quick squat form this morning and wondered if you could look at it and tell me what else seems to be an issue (I think I have some butt wink too). Its not the best angle and not excactly heavy weight (dont want to put too much stress on lower back at the moment).

This is my squat before all the mobility and hopefully I will see it get better as I get stuck in :)

Caporegime
Main things, knees come quite far forwards - something that can be worked on, also something I struggle with.

And yes, you have some butt wink, so try and sort this out...I would also hazzard at a guess that it's not best to keep going that low if you get the butt wink...Ice?

Also...Stop jiggling at the top! :p

Soldato
Main things, knees come quite far forwards - something that can be worked on, also something I struggle with.

And yes, you have some butt wink, so try and sort this out...I would also hazzard at a guess that it's not best to keep going that low if you get the butt wink...Ice?

Also...Stop jiggling at the top! :p

Sorry, was checking my stance was correct and comfortable. Sometimes I accidentally put too much pressure on my right hip (Dont know why, its like an automatic reaction) :p

I knew it was all bad anyway, dont know how I made it this far without some serious injuries :eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm sure icecold will comment soon enough :)

Things I notice are feet placement, look way too wide for me, something that can be worked on.

Knees come in on the way down, and it looks like they REALLY come in in the static position...

Make sure that you drive through with the Glutes as well :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Couple things.
1. You're trying to stay too upright with your body, this is causing you to butt wink and shift as you get lower - your body is trying to keep the weight over your feet.
2. Your stance is a little too wide personally, and your feet are too turned out.
3. Your not sitting back enough, you really need to push the butt out.
4. Your knees need to be forced out hard and kept tight.

Soldato
Thanks for the comments, atleast I know what to work on. Looking at it from that angle, I can now see my foot placement is way off. Just doesn't seem like it looking down at them :eek:

I will give it a go with the foot placement changed and shift my weight more foward over my feet.

Atleast I know where im going wrong now :)

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom