• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Soldato
Nice deads matey! How is the hammy holding up with the punishment? I'm back on 5's tomorrow and back feels a lot better! I emailed you regarding op and the odd question ;) (as usual!).

Oh yea, got my furniture sliders, so more punishment for the core tomorrow!

Man of Honour
OP
I had literally just replied :)

Hamstring is ok. After I've hit it hard (i.e. every day this week!) the next day the injured head is on fire from DOMS/tightness, but with stretching and soft tissue torture it loosens pretty quickly (if it didn't, I'd be being a lot more cautious!).

I'm being really strict with making sure I load it and don't just use my right leg, which is why the weights are a little off this week. It's crazy to think that all deadlifting up to and including the comp was basically on legged :o:confused:. My right hip flexor has relaxed a lot because of this now though, so hopefully it will pay off.

Man of Honour
OP
Aha u use a belt I see your belt and raise you straps. I win by virtue of a technicality :). What actually did u injure again then? your back?
What, you mean apart from those beltless PAUSED sets I just did!? And the beltless snatch grip RDLs from wednesday? AND, the beltless 3x your mum/sister/girlfriend (delete as appropriate), that was RAW son!

Tore my hamstring just over a month ago. The worst part of this is that it allowed my scrawny gay brother to deadlift as much as me in the comp.

Man of Honour
OP
Training 03/12/12

Squats
bar x lots
60x10
100x8
140x5
160x2
180x1
190x1
200x5 - at least a rep in the tank
190x5
190x5 - hamstring finally decided to join the party, made it easier

Pin press
warm ups
115x5
110x5
107.5x5
Not great, but then I'm terrible at these.

Deficit BSS
27.5x8x3 - hamstring was much happier with these today

Narrow grip bench
110x6
105x6x2

Elbow flare row, now with more flare
20x12x3

YTWL
some

Very rushed session, had to introduce a guy to a new programme which made things worse. Pleased with squats, bench continues to be slow progress.

Man of Honour
OP
Hah thanks :D

It's probably back to being my favourite lift again now that it's not **** any more. Still a long way to go before I'm happy, I still haven't beaten my 18 month (several) pre-injury PB :mad:

Man of Honour
OP
:eek:

ice any news on the 15th?
It's looking good, let's say preliminarily yes.

Syla5?

Delvis??

Anyone else???

STEEDIE????
Strong squatting ice.

Paused Deadlifts, what's the benefit?
Loading my weak point primarily, but right now it's also loading the part of the ROM where I had my tear. With the right reps/weight, this means I'm inducing hypertrophy in my snapped up parts. Not a good protocol for every tear though, obviously.
Ice, regarding the 5 rep phase; What is a good number of sets to do? So far I've been doing 5x5 for volume.
It depends, anywhere between 2 and 5 depending on fatigue levels. Basically, don't kill yourself but do get some stimulation going on.

Training 05/12/12

Deadlifts
bar x some
60xsome
100x8 deliberately slow
100x3 fast
140x3
180x1x2
200x1 ****ing yes! Much better speed, almost back to my fastest
210x1 even faster :)
225x4 fatigued through the set very quickly, much like with fridays box squats. The ease of the first rep should have meant 5 comfortable reps, but it's still good progress (190 --> 215 --> ~225 in three weeks)
207.5x5 really nice
207.5x3 hamstring cramped. Not in an injury inducing kind of way, but I took it as a sign to leave it there

Flat DB bench
35x8
40x8
45x8x2
finally learning how to do these!

Snatch grip RDL
110x6
150x6
170x6
162.5x6x2
162.5x5.5 made it down then traps, lats, rhomboids, teres and erectors all gave up simulateously :D

CGBP with neutral grip bar (new toy!)
60x12x3
These are awesome! The close grip is really close, but it helps keep your shoulders in a better position. Felt great in my triceps with almost no pec involvement.

YTWL
Not a lot, ran out of time.

Back
Top Bottom