• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
:D

I've lifted while still drunk from the night before several times. I'm pretty sure those sessions gave me the best gains of my life.

Soldato
More meant the 60's and the 80's :p

I'm using the Smith bar as a warm up, which whilst it's supposed to be 16kg, and (that's what I presume for measuring weight) I'm still not sure on how much resistance is countered by the bloody machine... Oh well, just means I have two achievements aiming for pre Christmas (60kg inc. bar, and 60 exc. bar, mind you 60 exc. bar might have to wait until after NY...)

kd

Man of Honour
OP
Urgh! Hope it stays clear. I guess we'll just have to play it by ear a bit. The gym is normally fairly good at staying open...

Training 07/12/12

Box squat (very below parallel)
warm ups x lots
140x5
160x5
150x5
140x5
Good lord it was deep! Really trying to keep my shins vertical to maximise hamstring loading. Successfully raped my recovering hamstring. Better than last week with a much harder variant.

Paused bench
100x5
107.5x5
100x5x4
Massively reduced the weight to make sure that I'm getting pauses with good tension. Also changed my grip slightly. Felt good!

Paused deads (beltless)
140x3
180x3
187.5x3
185x3
182.5x3
180x3
Fuark. Already pretty smashed from this week, but I was determined to get some good volume in. Sacrificed a little bit of weight to get there, but managed to dance with the prolapse devil and come away unscathed.

Associate
That is the best description of bad weather I have ever heard :p.

Really hope it doesn't cause any problems, I am looking forward to you chaps coming down!

Man of Honour
OP
Responded!

Training 10/12/12

Squats
bar x lots
60x10
100x8
140x3
160x2
180x1
200x1
215x3 PB! **** yeah, first meaningful squat PB in 18 months! A spotter took took a cheeky picture and instergerrrmed it. Not going to lie, I like it.
205x3
200x3

Pin press
115x5
110x5x3
Why is this so gash :/

Deficit BSS
30x6x3
Easy weight, terrible times.

Narrow grip bench
100x5
107.5x5x4
Wtf? Why is this so easy!?

OHP with neutral grip bar
some x some
Just messing around with it really.

Decent session.

Took a gay video of some shirtless OHP. Having not actually ever really seen my back, I was quite pleased with my apparent swolertrophy.

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers :D

Yeah, this forum has a surprising amount of strong/jacked guys. I don't know if you've seen Kai in the pics thread, it's seems like in about 2 years he's gone from very average to literally being a fitness model! And then Steedie, when he finally get's himself back on stage...

Permabanned
Cheers :D

Yeah, this forum has a surprising amount of strong/jacked guys. I don't know if you've seen Kai in the pics thread, it's seems like in about 2 years he's gone from very average to literally being a fitness model! And then Steedie, when he finally get's himself back on stage...

in one way it keeps people in focus, in another way i think it can alienate beginners, no no i dont scare all of them away with my ranting.

What impresses me most is the strength level of the more experienced lifters, i dont count myself in this bracket as anything ive achieved has been with my needley friend, most forums that would be a given, but here im the exception and some way off being either the strongest biggest or most impressive. That speaks volumes about the quality of lifters on this forum.

Man of Honour
To be 6-10 years younger and have this knowledge and the support network around that there is now - I may have got to be as good as you by now ice! Loving your workouts and training. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom