• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Permabanned
Yeah but aggression isn't the same as an adrenaline rush, right?

adrenaline acts on the heart and lungs and improves cardio performance, has next to no effect on strength and can ironically impair proper breathing patterns and restrict blood flow to muscles due to the systemic action of cortisol which always lurks around adrenalin release

Caporegime
Dom doesn't count.

adrenaline acts on the heart and lungs and improves cardio performance, has next to no effect on strength and can ironically impair proper breathing patterns and restrict blood flow to muscles due to the systemic action of cortisol which always lurks around adrenalin release

I love it when you talk dirty

Caporegime
Any more info on this?

As far as I know, it depends...

I know that I move less weight.

I'd say it depends on each person, easy to be over psyched and also under psyched (that possible?)

Finding the sweet point is key.

Some gyms are full of heavy rock/metal and lots of shouting, some are silent (oly lifters seem to be in a very calm environment when lifting.

Man of Honour
OP
Well that's my opinion too.

I've heard of powerlifters doing it both ways.

I haven't found myself being over psyched though. For me it's mostly about focus.

Caporegime
Good luck on Sunday? ice.

Is there any reason why you haven't kept it light for the last week or so? A few PL's I've followed on other forums always appear to take a complete week off or do very light speed work the week before a comp. Both yourself and Lie are pushing heavy ass weights so have you got a different way of thinking?

Man of Honour
OP

LiE is following my advise, for better or worse :p

1 rep at ~90% on monday isn't a lot of stress, so it's still pretty much a week off. If I hadn't seen my physio I might have done some speed work last night, but it doesn't make a huge amount of difference.

Man of Honour
OP
1 day before comp update

Making weight won't be a problem. I've hovered around 84.5kg all week and today I dipped below 84kg, and this is before any dehydration.

Low carbing this week was an ordeal, but only because carbs are so damn tasty. My energy levels have felt fine. On Thursday I went shopping for stuff to take to the comp and experienced strong "food madness", which is a term I just made up describing what happens when you food shop while hungry AND you've been low carbing. It apparently means that you end up buying all kinds of flavoured milk.

Physically, I'm feeling mixed. I think as training went heavy and sleep was limited in the few weeks prior to this one have resulted in a few injuries accumulating. My quad issue still hasn't gone away; my physio says that it will take a couple of sessions (and a few weeks of rest - nah) to fix it, but I was limited to one this week because he's had all kinds of novovirus/kidney stone snaps. Shoulders also feel like aids.

Overall, I still feel pretty good. Excited for the day too, it's going to be fun to see everyone.

Man of Honour
OP
Morning weight: 83.1kg

wat

Right then!

The plan for now is gainz. I may do a comp in April, but I won't prep for it unless it falls on a deload week in the training plan I'm building. I will compete in whatever weight class I'm in at the time. I think in some ways having comps where I'm hoping to hit certain lifts or recover from injuries in time for causes poor training decisions. A Saturday training session may well emerge as well, depending on how I cope with my increased squatting volume.

I'm going to slowly add more food and see where my weight goes. Faster training sessions are required too, I need to make sure I can get in the required food after training.

Man of Honour
94kg is where it's at. :cool:

Tesco were doing 3 American Meat Feast pizzas for £5 at 12" a pop... something like 1200kcal a dose. Depending on what you plan on gaining, I'd say two of those a day will sort you right out. :D

Man of Honour
OP
:D

This weeks food is going to be pretty dirty compared to normal, but when I start my new training block I'm going to keep it fairly tidy. Probably aim to put on around a kg or so per month.

There will be serious amounts of pizza this wednesday though!

Back
Top Bottom