• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
Happy Valenbro Day!

Training 14/2/13

STILL got leg DOMS! :o I think I topped up on Tuesday.

Deadlifts
warm ups
200x1
215x4
200x5
Not too bad. Tried to keep my rests short. Plagued by quad and lower back DOMS too so kept it very easy. Got to try and get back to my regular m/w/f gym days so I'm squatting and paused deadlifting tomorrow :(

RDL
100x8
140x8
160x8x3
90 second rests. Not fun!

Dips - 60 second rests
bw x 8
10kg x 8
15x8x2
I've had massive AIDS in my left shoulder all week, to the point of being concerned about AC joint separation. I was treating these as a testing of the waters, because I've always found dips very kind on my shoulders. Worked out well, I was careful with positioning and got a good stretch and some blood through the muscles. Shoulders are now 60% less AIDS.

DBSS
bw x 8
10x8x3
Light with shorts rests and full hip flexion. Using this more as a warm down and active stretch. It was still tiring :o

Cable shoulder stuff
Not much done here, aggravated my shoulder a bit. Ended up just doing a few sets of no money drill.

Stretching

Pretty good little session. It definitely looks like I'm holding on to a bit more mass already, even though that's essentially impossible. I have been taking a bath of tren 3x daily though, and the volleyball girls were training tonight delivering extra test gains hhhnnnnnggggg

Permabanned
I think i speak for everyone when i say....when u gonna try grace? i think only u and Matt have shot at toppling me. Morbs will get too tired ;).

Good session there tho, always good to see the warm up sets ;)

Man of Honour
OP
I was thinking I might give it a go on Saturday. Can't say I'm optimistic of getting anywhere near your time though. Back when I was doing HST I think I did sets of 10 hang clean to push press with 70kg, and that left me on the floor!

Warm up sets have become cardio, 2/10 conditioning at best. Looking forward to grace! D:

Permabanned
worth a stab anyway its fun, im gonna push for a sub 230 this week then ill leave it be fun as it is its not really for me.

It is the issue with PL specific training tho isnt it? All the mass i have is designed for longer aerobic activity as opposed to strength, you lot are immensely strong but less good with reps.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah none of my mass is conditioned for endurance at all. Given the longer "off season" that I'm planning I have a chance to work on that a bit, which also fits well with hypertrophy.

I'll definitely give it a go, I'm always up for destroying myself with potentially stupid training :D

Man of Honour
Yeah none of my mass is conditioned for endurance at all. Given the longer "off season" that I'm planning I have a chance to work on that a bit, which also fits well with hypertrophy.

I'll definitely give it a go, I'm always up for destroying myself with potentially stupid training :D

Use "the Steed" as your leg warmup, and you'll be well away. :eek: :D

Although UE speaks the truth: I haven't felt like wanting to cough up most of my vital organs over the course of a day since... I can't even remember when.

Do it.

Nice session, though - RDLs look siiiiiiick.

Man of Honour
OP
lol that would leave my Grace stats as:

1 rep - participant withdrew after he fell over and the bar visited his neck via his face

Man of Honour
OP
Training 15/02/13

This was always going to be a tough session. Far too much lower back and hamstring rapage from yesterdays session. To make things worse, I had horrendous scabs on my shoulders from squatting. Oh look, what's this as my first exercise...

Squats
bar x lots - feeling relatively mobile
60x10
100x5
140x3 - so far dodged too much contact with my shoulder squat burns, but I'd definitely placed the bar differently. Time to man up
160x1 - yep, ouch
185x3 FFFUUUUUUUUUU
185x3 "hey bro, is that blood on your shoulder?"
180x3 good lord the pain! Forcing myself to hit depth
180x3
180x3
180x3
That was brutal. Hamstrings were next to useless after yesterdays RDLs, which I can't remember feeling while squatting before. Lower back is severely displeased too, which isn't great considering what was coming next. However, technique is getting much better and depth is no longer a thing of mystery and myth.

So yeah, blood had soaked through the under armour I'd worn to pad my shoulder slightly, and my t-shirt.
4xrdCgt.jpg
cn3NnNA.jpg
Groce
Luckily, all of the blood was soaked away by my under armour. And yes, that brown stuff is chewed up scabs.

Paused deadlifts (beltless) - short(er) rests (than I wanted!)
100x5
140x4
160x4
170x4 - weirdly, lower back feel better
170x4 - oh, no, there it goes
170x4

Fin

Just silly amounts of fatigue! I'm saying it now, there is no way I'm doing Grace tomorrow. Posterior chain will fall out of my arse if I don't let it recover. I've got to do all of my pressing that I missed this week due to resting my shoulder, so time will also be a factor, but mostly I'm pussying out. Not permanently though, I'm still keen to vomit all over the lifting platform.

Man of Honour
OP
Tasty battle scar!

I bet you can't wait to get your training back to some kind of normality.
Yeah pretty much. It's a good outlet/distraction though, and the bros are being strong bros.
I'm pretty sure you did a deload only the other week after the PL competition, but it seems right now you could do with one!

kd
:D

A couple of good nights sleep and resting my lower body for the weekend will sort me out well enough. This, and three days in a row of backloading...

Well, that's the plan anyway!

Man of Honour
Training 15/02/13

This was always going to be a tough session. Far too much lower back and hamstring rapage from yesterdays session. To make things worse, I had horrendous scabs on my shoulders from squatting. Oh look, what's this as my first exercise...

Squats
bar x lots - feeling relatively mobile
60x10
100x5
140x3 - so far dodged too much contact with my shoulder squat burns, but I'd definitely placed the bar differently. Time to man up
160x1 - yep, ouch
185x3 FFFUUUUUUUUUU
185x3 "hey bro, is that blood on your shoulder?"
180x3 good lord the pain! Forcing myself to hit depth
180x3
180x3
180x3
That was brutal. Hamstrings were next to useless after yesterdays RDLs, which I can't remember feeling while squatting before. Lower back is severely displeased too, which isn't great considering what was coming next. However, technique is getting much better and depth is no longer a thing of mystery and myth.

So yeah, blood had soaked through the under armour I'd worn to pad my shoulder slightly, and my t-shirt.
4xrdCgt.jpg
cn3NnNA.jpg
Groce
Luckily, all of the blood was soaked away by my under armour. And yes, that brown stuff is chewed up scabs.

Paused deadlifts (beltless) - short(er) rests (than I wanted!)
100x5
140x4
160x4
170x4 - weirdly, lower back feel better
170x4 - oh, no, there it goes
170x4

Fin

Just silly amounts of fatigue! I'm saying it now, there is no way I'm doing Grace tomorrow. Posterior chain will fall out of my arse if I don't let it recover. I've got to do all of my pressing that I missed this week due to resting my shoulder, so time will also be a factor, but mostly I'm pussying out. Not permanently though, I'm still keen to vomit all over the lifting platform.

Awwwwww... Common - a little bit f blood and you reckon you'll have a posterior gain prolapse doing Grace? I tried (and failed) Grace after Caen day AND overhead pressing session! :D

Session looks mean, however - squat work looks horrible?, :)

Man of Honour
OP
The open wound on my shoulder doesn't bother me! It would be the three days in a row of pushing my hammies and lower back to the limit. There's also the possibility of shoulder AIDS actually separating my shoulder as my form gets sloppy, my physio would slap me. Possibly next weekend :)

Yeah squats were hard enough without the bar grating my skin off as a sweetener.

Man of Honour
OP
Completely forgot to log...

Training 16/2/13

3ct off the chest pause bench
bar x lots
60x10
80x4
90x4
100x4x4 - default PB
Not at all comfortable because my shoulder wounds are my point of contact with the bench. Like these though.

Narrow grip bench - short rests
80x6x4
The different angle pulls and twists the skin on my shoulders, groce

Pullups
+10x6x5

DB bench
Nope, shoulder AIDS (as in the actual internal injury) bites here massively

Dips
+20x8x3

Rollouts
bwx8x5

Curls