• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
I will race you to sphere mode :D

Training 27/3/13

Deads
bar x lots
60x also lots
100x5 - scared some annoying DYELers out of the powerlifting room. PB
140x3
180x1
200x1
220x5 some kind of post tear rep PB. A fairly redundant one though, but at least it was easy
210x5x3
Trying to work on my hip height. When I got it right the bar flew, but some reps were a little messy. Last set was the best.

Paused bench
85x5x5
Tried to get away with minimal stretching and shoulder capsule battery, but I still need it. Slow negs and short-ish rests actually made these quite hard! Had a play around with taking some different lines, and there is possibly something to pursue with this. One thing that I'll never escape though, is that phaggoty long arms are absolutely useless for benching :(

Dips
15x5
25x5
40x8x3
Reduced the sets and didn't add more weight because of doing bench first.

Single arm machine row
pin 8(possibly)x12x3
Nice!

Skull crushers
bar + 32.5x12x3
Again no increase because of the additional benching

Cable rope up/down superset
12/12x3

Rear delt fly
5x30x2

I don't think I've ever had such fatigue in my triceps. Now all that's needed is for them to grow :mad:

Man of Honour
OP
I can still feel DOMS in my triceps!

It might get interesting when you guys come down, what with there being more people there really isn't going to be much room for anyone else. Not to worry though, if we put the private bars in the good racks they are effectively shotgunned.

Training 30/03/13

Normal gym closed so up to the **** gym for a session.

Squat
bar x lots
60x12
100x5
140x3
160x1
180x1
195x3
195x3
195x3 I had to work in with a few people so this had taken a long time until this point. So from here on I did short rests.
195x3
195x3
195x3
Fuark. Very nice today, but seriously stupid rack and bar! And the weird fun house mirror in front of the rack was really distracting.

Bench
bar x lots
60x5 felt a bit dodgy, but a bit of mild stretching sorted it out
87.5x5x5
My shoulder had been feeling bad for the last few days, I think I slept on it badly or something. All of my work sets were great today though.

Paused deadlift
100x5
150x2
180x4
205x4 PB
195x4x2
Strong fatigue, particularly doing these in the same session as squats.

Iso row machine - delicious
40x12
60x12x3

Facepulls
yes

Bodyweight stayed at ~91.5kg this week, although I was quite dry when I weighed myself this morning. More food needed just in case. Does this make sense at all? Not really.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
That looks like a stonking session. I'm quite open to whatever on the meet, so will just mess about with some bits rather than doing some PBs.

Man of Honour
OP
Training 02/04/13

Rushed session today, literally the bare basics will sort rest everywhere.

Squats
6x2x195

Bench
5x5x90
Still fine on my shoulder, although it's tightened up a bit now.

Back to normal stuff tomorrow.

Man of Honour
OP
Training 03/04/13

Absolutely shattered today. Running on about 4 hours sleep and generally feeling like a bag of balls. Ended up being late for the gym because I was just monged out at home staring at the wall.

Deadlifts
bar x lots
60x10
100x5
140x5 - can feel the fatigue in my back from yesterdays squats, lols
180x1
200x1
225x5 Nice! Definite post tear PB. Very comfortable too, so even though the plan didn't call for it, a recklessly short rest later...
230x5 FFFFFUUUUUU YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA! Now only 5kg off my best pull pre tear, and I think that was possibly there today too. Back in business!
215x3 felt something weird on my right hip on the 2nd rep, then on the 4th it felt like my femur was ready to pop out of the front of my hip! I stopped before anything happened, and it's definitely not an actual problem, just some gay cramp/tightness/massive general fatigue catching up with me.

Dips
bwx10
15x8
25x8
45x8x3 - shorter rests than last time

Yates row - because gains
70x12
75x12x3
Hits my back in an enjoyable new way.

OHP
50x8
55x8x3 - spent!

Pull throughs
most of the stack x10
stack x10x3 - includes mostly fall over x10 PB

Single arm machine row
some pin x12x3

No time for arms :(

Too dead to think about much of anything anyway. Time for all the food.

Man of Honour
OP
I bloody hope so! I was beginning to think my hamstring had permanently ruined my deadlift.

Mrthingyx, as we all know Phagginess is next to Gainsliness.

ALSO, saw my physio today. He confirmed that my legs were bigger, even though I've actually been thinking they've shrunk (body dysmorphia ho!). He also mentioned that he might be up for popping in to the mini meet and possibly coming for food afterwards. Prepare to be wooed.

edit: forgot the actual important physio part...

He absolutely shredded my pec minor on my bad shoulder side, to the extent that I felt nauseous. Good lord! Turns out there was a huge amount of terrible tissue fairly deep in the muscle, i.e. where I can't easily reach with a lacrosse ball. Pec was poppin' afterwards... instant gains. My lat is/was also extremely stuck to me seratus, which is jacking most of everything else back there up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Damn that would be awesome of he did pop down ice, I still have his details on standby and have a feeling a little visit might be in order soon if this ab issue doesn't resolve. Mmmm food sounds good as well, what's near by, will we need to book something?

Back
Top Bottom