• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
I will get some pictures at some point in my deload. I didn't have time yesterday, and by the time I was home the pump was gone and it was game over.

I've not really done a lot of paused squats, it will be interesting to see where they get up to in my next block.

Man of Honour
OP
Jooocy deload training 6/5/13

mobility x lots

Front squat/high bar positional work
some

Offset DB single leg RDL
bw x10
7.5x10x4
bwx10

YTWL
some

Single arm inverted KB press
12x10x4

Klokov press
bar x12x4

Shirtless from this point onwards. Sun gains

Dips with chains
some

Single arm farmers
1x some distance per arm with handles+50kg per side
Core killer!

Farmers (not sure of distance, maybe 15-20m one way) - 1 set is there and back
handles+50x2
handles+70x1 - little too heavy for conditioning work
handles+50x4
Rests about 90 seconds. Brutal

OHP
40x somexsome

Then we went to the park to throw a football around. Did some chins and dips and some band scap retraction stuff for the fans.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
So I went to see my physio today about my exploding hip...

I knew this already, but he confirmed that it's definitely my adductor causing the trouble. On my right side my adductor was causing my hip flexors to be massively over active (and massively hypertrophied - useful). I'd tried to stretch and do soft tissue work on myself, but you just can't get in there. He hypothesised that at some point in my youth some femur rotation had caused me to use my adductors as hamstrings. So, when I was dipping my toes into the world of sprinting, I wasn't actually using my hamstrings properly? Is this real life?

Unfortunately for me, the entire area is extremely well innervated and so the actual manual therapy was excruciating. I don't normally cry out but this broke me! After he'd finished I had acquired a massively joocy adductor pump. Useful.

I'm not going to do any heavy deadlifting until my hip flexors calm down, so the timing of my deload works well.

In other long standing mobility issue news, I've made more progress with my ankles. There is now no longer a bony impingement in the front of my right ankle, so I'm free to actually stretch it conventionally without feeling like it's going to crumble.

Man of Honour
OP
Well it literally must be affecting my squats, but I can't feel it. I might see about doing a heavy single tomorrow.

Hopefully now that I fully know what's wrong and have had some work done on it the little barsteward will go away. It's definitely no where near as serious as it could have been, physio man was saying that the tissue was responding nicely to his gentle hetero caress as well.

Man of Honour
Unfortunately for me, the entire area is extremely well innervated and so the actual manual therapy was excruciating. I don't normally cry out but this broke me! After he'd finished I had acquired a massively joocy adductor pump. Useful.

That feels (and I don't normally use this expression) when being broken by a physio... :(

Get healed soon, dude, or Dom will catch you even faster! ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom