• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Caporegime
do medleys with them (you need 2 sets or someone ready to slam more weight on quickly).
do something like 100kg for 20m straight into 120kg for 20m back. once you are flying with that add 10kg more to both runs etc etc etc :D

Caporegime
Hm, I need to harass your Wizard really, sadly I've forked out £600 already this month so I'm skint as sin :(

Mend soon brah, I hate that constant broken feeling. I swear I'm starting to walked all hunchbacked and crooked.

Man of Honour
Wherever mate really, whatever is easier?

stop.gif

Man of Honour
OP
So, also timed pretty well with my deload week, this week I've been struck down with immune system fatigue and throat/tonsil AIDS. Had all kinds of fever until today, so obviously I jump at the chance to get to the gym to do something. I decide to see what's up with my squat with my new functional hip gains. Went up in singles from 160. 210kg moved like a bit of a douche, but 220 was a blinder, probably the tidiest heavy rep I've ever done. Put a cheeky 232.5 on the bar next, but massively ballsed up my descent and only got a few inches out of the hole before I hollered at my spotters. I kind of wanted to do it again, but sense regarding being a diseased ridden fatigued wreck and some very slight irritation of some distal adductor bits (around my knee) dragged me back to reality. Warmed down with 8 reps at 160, which was actually bloody hard!

Also benched 5x5x95kg with rests as short as I could get lift offs for. Shortest was 30 seconds, longest 90.

Health wise I feel a lot better. I now await a joocy test and GH spike in my sleep to complete the restoration process. I'm going to smash myself with a load of conditioning work tomorrow, including SOME SPRINT STARTS!!!!!!one. inb4 my legs tear themselves apart.

In terms of the squat...meh. There is a small local comp happening in a few weeks that I'll aim to get some decent numbers in, but the really big PBs are planned for around 8 weeks time. Being patient sucks, but now I'm in the middle of a plan I'd be a bell end to switch for the sake of a quicker peak and massive snaps.

Caporegime
I've felt like that recently. My lifting's going well and I've been tempted to add on an extra few reps or up the weight but it's a 9 week cycle and the aim is to peak at week 9.

In your position I'd certainly rather peak for a competition than bugger things up by going for random PB's before I even got there. Just make sure you squat to depth this time! :p

Man of Honour
OP
Hah! :D

The big killer today was this bug that I've had all week. Missed a few days of work, and generally felt like arse. I only really intended on doing something to get the blood flowing today but, well, you know what it's like :) All of my squats have been below parallel in my 2 and a bit months of crazy hypertrophy, so that problem is kicked to the curb. I do need to get used to the feel of heavy weights again though, even through diseased brain fog I was very aware of the weight on my back.

Associate
Hah! :D

The big killer today was this bug that I've had all week. Missed a few days of work, and generally felt like arse. I only really intended on doing something to get the blood flowing today but, well, you know what it's like :) All of my squats have been below parallel in my 2 and a bit months of crazy hypertrophy, so that problem is kicked to the curb. I do need to get used to the feel of heavy weights again though, even through diseased brain fog I was very aware of the weight on my back.
Have to ask,

Did you ever find that, in the FIRST/SECOND day or so of an illness, that somehow or other you seem to have the best workout you've had in weeks?

Man of Honour
OP
I can't say that I've noticed that. I do find great value in working out when I'm ill, but obviously certain types and levels of illness preclude this.

I have consistently noticed that having a gym session way before I'm recovered properly normally results in me getting better a lot faster. For example, right now I about 95%, which I probably wouldn't have hit for a few more days otherwise.

Man of Honour
OP
Bros.

Bros!

Tonight, I started my modified Stoodles pump week as part of my notsrs deload.

Chest and arms day, yo!

30 second rests on everything.

Bench Press - 12x90, 12x85, 8x82.5, 8x77.5, 8x72.5

Incline DB Press – 10x30, 10x25, 10x20 slow negatives!
Dips 12xbw x3
Skull Crushers – 12x3
Cable Pushdowns/Overhead Extensions - 12/12, 12/12, 12/12
Hammer Curls - 8, 8, 8
21s x3
Straight Bar Pyramid - 15/15/15 x3

Don't know the weight for the arm stuff because no care. Tiny, tiny weights by the end though!

Time for loads of stretching at the end :cool:

Man of Honour
OP
BRO WEEK DAY 2

Back and shoulders

Again, 30 second rests. Even between exercises. Don't lose the pump bro, that's game over.

(some gay deadlifting to see teach my hip how to work again - 70x5, 110x5, 150x3, 160x3x2)

Wide Grip Pull Ups (1 second hang at bottom) - bwx8, +10x8, +10x8, bwx8 - sudden and drastic fatigue

Lat Pulldowns - something x 8, something slightly more x8

Bent Over Rows - 77.5x12, 75x10, 70x10
Seated Machine Row Wide Grip/Superset Cable Pullovers - 10/10, 10/10, 10/10 some kind of weight on these

Single Arm Cable Row – 12, 12, 12

Seated DB Press - 27.5x12, 25x12, 20x8, 15x8 dat inevitable cliff of fatigue!

One Arm Upright DB Row - 15x12, 15x12, 15x12
Face Pulls - 15, 15, 15
Lateral Raises/front raise barbell – 25/15, 25/15, 25/15 - in so much lactate pain!!

Man of Honour
OP
BRO WEEK DAY 3

Legs and legs (as close to 30 second rests as possible)

Leg extension
50x some pin
50x one pin up
15x moar weight, no rest into 15x slightly less weight, 15x less weight
Walking already an issue after this!

High bar back squat ss with fronties
100x15/70x15 - shhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
90x15/50x15
90x15/45x15
Sweet jesus! Destroyed myself with the high bar, front squat weight took a pummelling as a result. Coped much better than I did last time with Steedie though.

Single Leg Leg Press - 12, 12, 12 (After last let, go straight to double leg for 15)
Increased the weight for the double leg burnout thing and went to failure, thing I got over 20

Walking Lunges (No Rest between sets, just grab the next weight and go, start at BW) - 12/12/12/12
Kind of messed this up, but it was still hard. My precious quad pump was draining away though :(

RDL - decided to bail on this. Quads were so destroyed that I couldn't get up to a challenging weight without my knees buckling.

Hamstring Curls - 15, 15, 15, 15
Did more of this to compensate

Lying band hamstring curl - some x some
Kind of a stretch with they way I set it up and a nice little isolation movement at the same time.

Well that was brutal. Had to sit for quite a while before I could interact with anyone.

Bro week over :( No for some serious lifting :cool:

When I can be arsed, I'm going to put together comparison shots between the two bro weeks that I've done. First one I weighed 84.5kg, this one I weighed just under 93kg.

Back
Top Bottom