• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If Fury X turns out to faster than 980 ti...will you switch?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Ill be staying with my 970sli @ 1440p for the moment thanks :)

If it's as fast or as fast as a 980ti I'll be upgrading from 970sli as I'm having a few issues with sli profiles in the games I play (Planetside 2 mainly).

Associate
if i owned a ti i would not move sure it maybe faster but whats the software going to be like or reliability owned 2 x290x cards both had memory issues and were rma, before that i have to go way back many years to the 9700 pro which also burnt out and was rma + weak support.

Associate
I'm more than happy with my Titan Xs, they have tons of vram,overclock loads, have great SLI support.

I see nothing in the latest AMD cards that interest me.

Soldato
No, however I will buy it instead of the 980ti.

At the moment I am waiting on the ASUS 980ti Strix which isn't due until July AFAIK, that is a 2x8pin card and so will probably dual Fury on power draw which means an ASUS Fury Strix is a virtual certainty.

Associate
No, however I will buy it instead of the 980ti.

At the moment I am waiting on the ASUS 980ti Strix which isn't due until July AFAIK, that is a 2x8pin card and so will probably dual Fury on power draw which means an ASUS Fury Strix is a virtual certainty.

I like my strix 970 also ... Im tempted to get an upgrade after seeing the 980ti reviews ... but now fury x ...

had used ati/amd for years before my switch recently -

not sure I want to go back

Soldato
True, but I cant see hbm being that much difference in my case and res. Still on 1920x1200 here. Most likely moving to 2560x1440, which 6gb of gddr5 should cope with ok. As for 4k I think its way too early to adopt this res. You need multi gpu straight off the bat to deal with it. And with current cards such as the TX, that's the best part of two grand. Fury x may/may not change this. But for me personally, 4k is a long long way of.

Didn't know you were from Armoy...you part of the "Armada"? ;)

Soldato
Can someone point me to a link for these superior Nvidia drivers, mine are ****e.:D

Probably wouldn't swap a 980ti for FuryX, unless it smashed it-which I doubt, but on the other hand Nvidia tend to wait for AMD to play their trump card then release something faster, this time they released first-FuryX must be faster with it's new memory system.

Associate
Keeping my 980ti now, got it very cheap due to EVGA Bucks. Had I not had any EVGA bucks though I would have probably gone with AMD or not, can't say.

Soldato
I have an m.s.i 980 ti on order. Time is the factor as I am running a 560 ti long over due for an upgrade.

If I see some good review's a.s.a.p. before the M.S.I card turns up I will happily change and wait a bit longer.

A.M.D's control and drip style of marketing is the factor I find very unappealing its like watching paint dry and the products are really rather interesting.

You reach the point it takes so long you just don't care.

Soldato
with over 6 months now since the last whql driver i wont be putting money in amd's pockets again. doesnt matter if a card is slower its all about the driver support which is something amd dont have.

Soldato
I like my strix 970 also ... Im tempted to get an upgrade after seeing the 980ti reviews ... but now fury x ...

had used ati/amd for years before my switch recently -

not sure I want to go back

i might be able to help here...........the 970SLI Strix is exactly the same as a Titan X at 1080p.

both the Titan X and the FuryX are a total waste of money at 1080p, only consider these cards at 4K.

As for smashing a TX ????...............i only have to put my air cooler back on and a Fury X will be history.......it's at least 25fps faster and dead quiet, unfortunately it's the ugliest thing to ever walk planet Earth :D

Back
Top Bottom