• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If Fury X turns out to faster than 980 ti...will you switch?

Soldato
I'm waiting for some Fury X benches and reviews before making my final decision.

However I think I will end up with a 980ti due to my monitor, it only supports 120Hz over dual link DVI. So if I go with the Fury I will have to get a active DP to DLDVI adapter which seem to be fairly expensive and i'm not sure if the add in any extra latency.

Associate
I can't see it being much quicker than a few frames of the titan x / 980ti in games. Even if it was 10/15+ fps across the board win, not worth it. My 980ti overclocked slays anything. Getting another soon for SLI.

After having a 290x then going to a 970 then 980ti my nvidia experience in all games has been so much better than the 290x.

Soldato
I can't see it being much quicker than a few frames of the titan x / 980ti in games. Even if it was 10/15+ fps across the board win, not worth it. My 980ti overclocked slays anything. Getting another soon for SLI.

After having a 290x then going to a 970 then 980ti my nvidia experience in all games has been so much better than the 290x.

From the benches floating about it is looking like 1-2fps in most games, really not worth the hassle of trying team red again anytime soon

Soldato
2 week suspension for being in the middle of a humbug/martini argument
He didn't even insult anyone just posted an actual factual response

I think the moderation on these boards is really inconsistent and unfair at times. I got a weeks suspension last month, but then again I did call someone a **** and then pretty much spelled out what the stars were :D
(Swearing is both big, and clever in my book)

I've done it again! :eek:;) ......By the way moddies those asterisks are just asterisks, I'm playing nice.

Associate
No, AMD cards don't interest me. I prefer Nvidia products (after all I don't want to wait >6 months for multi-gpu profiles and drivers), so I'll probably wait until Nvidia release their next high end cards for upgrading. 2 of the next "GTX-1080s" and a 4K/IPS/G-Sync or 1440p/144Hz/IPS/G-Sync monitor will do nicely :)

Associate
At the high end / enthusiast / ultra HD end of the spectrum does it really matter? I mean there are already cards on the market that munch 4K anyway. I was happy with my Titan X until it broke, now I've ordered 2 x 980Ti for like 150 quid more than what I paid for my TX. Personally I wouldn't switch because Nvidia driver support is almost instant, if not, then you've got drivers with a day or two of big releases.

I'm not loaded, I just save hard and have only splurged on high end stuff in the last 12 months. In that time and with all the research I did on best performance for the money etc AMD never really had a shout, there was always some kind of Achilles heel... drivers, crossfire support.

All this said, I really hope AMDs next gen is successful, despite my contentment with Nvid cards at the mo, the market really needs a shake up and some good competition. I'd really like to question the validity of my own decisions, because for the last 6-12 months there has been no other choice than NVidia for 4K.

Associate
I think the moderation on these boards is really inconsistent and unfair at times. I got a weeks suspension last month, but then again I did call someone a **** and then pretty much spelled out what the stars were :D
(Swearing is both big, and clever in my book)

I've done it again! :eek:;) ......By the way moddies those asterisks are just asterisks, I'm playing nice.
Personally I like it, I also hope the moderation is more strict. It would be in the interest of forumers if people have respect for each other and avoid being so personal with insults and the so.

Soldato
I like my strix 970 also ... Im tempted to get an upgrade after seeing the 980ti reviews ... but now fury x ...

The Strix 390X has been revealed and it uses the same triple fan cooler as the 980ti, hopefully they will do a Fury Strix too so I can see a comparison before deciding which to buy.

Back
Top Bottom