• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If next year's consoles do 4k/60..

Permabanned
I preferred my Creative cards over the NF2 SoundStorm so disabled it.

I loved the SB Live 5.1 range Audigy 2 but the Audigy 2ZS was not as good IMO it sounded weird even though I did not have the NForce Snap/Crack/Pop conflict bug.

I have a ZxR now since launch and never liked it (sound wise, primarily speakers not into headphone hence I won a soundcard).

V F

V F

Soldato
I preferred my Creative cards over the NF2 SoundStorm so disabled it.

I loved the SB Live 5.1 range Audigy 2 but the Audigy 2ZS was not as good IMO it sounded weird even though I did not have the NForce Snap/Crack/Pop conflict bug.

I have a ZxR now since launch and never liked it (sound wise, primarily speakers not into headphone hence I won a soundcard).

In what way did the Audigy 2 ZS sound weird?

Permabanned
In what way did the Audigy 2 ZS sound weird?

Since it is subjective how can I explain how I felt it was poorer quality over the Audigy 2 esp. as I have not heard either for over a decade?

All I can tell you for sure if going by Creative forums it was the most buggy/reported card I ever own (again I did not have the NF2 bug), there was come useless Mod call Cat(alina) or such back then (female) she banned many people over that topic.

Soldato
Creative's technology was years (and years) behind Aureal's A3D. Read up on it.

Creative killed the more advanced tech because they knew it Aureal would sink them with their superior products.

Creative then acquired and dropped Aureal's A3D and pushed the - vastly inferior - EAX on game developers.

Before Aureal were killed game devs were moving to A3D in droves. Creative sucks.

You forgot Nvidia did the same to 3dfx for glide & sli, having SLI buried for a decade?

Is why many of us will never buy a Creative product as long as we live.

I wouldn't pee on Creative to put out a fire.

So, what about Nvidia then? Double standards?

Hahaha you shouldn't have gone down that path...... :p

John 8:7 cum autem perseverarent interrogantes eum erexit se et dixit eis qui sine peccato est vestrum primus in illam lapidem mittat

In english - And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

hmm a word comes to my mind that rimes with great Hippocrates but forgot which one it is....hmmmm..... :confused:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've not had a dedicated sound card for years and years, I just use HDMI audio.

More and more games on PC support Dolby Atmos (Ori and the Will of the Wisps is the latest one)

Soldato
I've not had a dedicated sound card for years and years, I just use HDMI audio.

More and more games on PC support Dolby Atmos (Ori and the Will of the Wisps is the latest one)

Then you need an AVR, but once you have one you good to go when it comes to PC audio

Caporegime
Yeah, I've had my PC hooked up to my living room TV/AVR (in various iterations) since 2010.

I remember playing PC version of Fallout New Vegas on a 1366x768 50" Plasma screen with my Xbox 360 controller.

Rocking a 4K OLED now.

Soldato
You forgot Nvidia did the same to 3dfx for glide & sli, having SLI buried for a decade?

In english - And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

hmm a word comes to my mind that rimes with great Hippocrates but forgot which one it is....hmmmm..... :confused:

WTF is this nonsense?

Soldato
So he is a hypocrite because in a conversation about Creative he didn't complain about Nvidia?
Yes. Because he complains about Creative while Nvidia has killed 2 companies and their tech actually. 3DFX & Ageia (PhysX)
While Nvidia also stopped through drivers, AMD using PhysX with NV card as dedicated for the job one in later date.

Caporegime

The mistake you make is to think that, because I occasionally have a pop at AMD (justified), that I am some uber nVidia shill...

It was, is, and always has been, nonsense. I haven't owned an nVidia card for years.

It's sad that on this forum you can't make a legitimate criticism of AMD without somebody screaming you're in bed with JSH. People need to get a grip, frankly.

Quoting Bible verses at me is just ... odd.

Back
Top Bottom