• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If next year's consoles do 4k/60..

Soldato
I'm not quite sure why there is an 'if' in the title when the ability to play games at 4K/60 will be one of the most prominent selling points when they start marketing them.

Caporegime
i dont see how people wont think this is possible and going to happen. the new gpus are powerful they cut the graphics down a little for consoles they will do 4k.

Soldato
Have you actually read any press releases? Microsoft have stated its aiming for 60fps and some performance options will offer 120fps.

https://mobile.twitter.com/xbox/status/1137844761253957632

Sure, some titles will target 60fps. Just like some titles this generation target 60fps, or offer it as an option. Maybe Microsoft will make their first party devs target 4k60...it's possible. But this isn't magically going to become the generation of 4k60 just because the hardware got better.

Just the same as the arrival of the Pro and X didn't herald the era of 1080p60.....

Soldato
OP
Sure, some titles will target 60fps. Just like some titles this generation target 60fps, or offer it as an option. Maybe Microsoft will make their first party devs target 4k60...it's possible. But this isn't magically going to become the generation of 4k60 just because the hardware got better.

Just the same as the arrival of the Pro and X didn't herald the era of 1080p60.....

You realise the pro and the x weren't a whole new console generation right?

Soldato
Then how do you justify a £1000 gpu?

Does everyone suddenly demand 4k 120fps?

I don't really understand what route pc gaming will take. Cyberpunk will be amazing on pc, but if its 4k/60 on a next gen console then why even bother with pc?

The gap seems to be closing and either consoles or things like stadia could finally change the pc gaming world in a way people used to claim for years.

£1000 gpu is never justified unless you have money to burn. Which is maybe the point. PC is a niche market and it has been for a long time now consoles are mainstream PC's are a luxury brand.

Gap will never close because just as consoles improve with each generation PC's don't stand still either. Why bother? Why not? Its a choice surely? :confused: No-one's forcing you to PC. If consoles are what floats your boat then go for it. But it you're just looking for an excuse to gripe then don't be surprised if people push back.

For my part I've done time with consoles over 3 generations and was extremely pleased to escape from that platform. I could go on at length why I hate that particular platform but then I'd be griping too.

Soldato
You realise the pro and the x weren't a whole new console generation right?

I don't think a 'whole new generation' is going to mean what it used to, now we're on much shorter hardware cycles. Most likely 'current' will mean titles supporting a rolling two-iteration range of hardware, so as not to burn people who have bought into the shorter cycle.

Soldato
OP
I don't think a 'whole new generation' is going to mean what it used to, now we're on much shorter hardware cycles. Most likely 'current' will mean titles supporting a rolling two-iteration range of hardware, so as not to burn people who have bought into the shorter cycle.

If you ignore the pro and x versions then it will be 7 years since the ps4 and Xbox one.

Considering the PlayStation came out 6 years before the PlayStation 2 the jump was very significant.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I like the way checkerboard upscaling on the PS4 is mocked, but DLSS and RIS(?) are to be applauded.

Aren’t they all different ways of roughly achieving the same thing?

Probably in the minority here but I have a 2080Ti and PS4 Pro, the kids have a PS4, Switch and an RX480. No problems with consoles here and in all likelihood I’ll be buying a PS5 too.

Soldato
Haha why do people behave like this? I've used a pc for gaming 20 years now and Ive also had great times using consoles. Nearly any Nintendo game, PS games like god of war, xbox games like halo.

Why would anyone feel deep pity for someone with a console? What an immature take on things.

A supposed gamer shouldn't care where he plays a game as long as its good.

i agree its embarrassing this PC master race bull...when we miss out on all the exclusives, ive got a switch and have bought (then sold) consoles to play exclusives, if you are a gamer it dosnt matter what format it is, if you cant play a game that isnt 60hz/4K then you are missing out on some of the best games ever made.

Permabanned
i agree its embarrassing this PC master race bull...when we miss out on all the exclusives, ive got a switch and have bought (then sold) consoles to play exclusives, if you are a gamer it dosnt matter what format it is, if you cant play a game that isnt 60hz/4K then you are missing out on some of the best games ever made.

Like Zelda yea that is me i grew out of 60hz it not set in stone you miss anything Zelda will be remastered later master race can still play Zelda. But be honest the Switch has a joke of a screen 60hz ips? Have you actually ever tried say 120hz strobed or 240 native? How are you supposed to then accept the experience it can be the best game in history but what use is in when half the pixels transistion into blur or you feel sick?

Unless they had a 60hz 6 inch Oled revision it will stay that way and anyways compared to OOT it looks silly with shield surfing and cheesy flying.

Soldato
OP
Like Zelda yea that is me i grew out of 60hz it not set in stone you miss anything Zelda will be remastered later master race can still play Zelda. But be honest the Switch has a joke of a screen 60hz ips? Have you actually ever tried say 120hz strobed or 240 native? How are you supposed to then accept the experience it can be the best game in history but what use is in when half the pixels transistion into blur or you feel sick?

Unless they had a 60hz 6 inch Oled revision it will stay that way and anyways compared to OOT it looks silly with shield surfing and cheesy flying.

Not many posts are as pathetic as this. Impressive for what I assume is a grown man.

Permabanned
Not many posts are as pathetic as this. Impressive for what I assume is a grown man.

The irony because had you broken down what you disliked i could have addressed that but you chose to just say nothing but insult me. And you were saying what about grown men again? ;)

What did i trigger you with was it Zelda?

Soldato
OP
The irony because had you broken down what you disliked i could have addressed that but you chose to just say nothing but insult me. And you were saying what about grown men again? ;)

Oh ok. Well my point is nothing you've said would come from someone who actually cares about gaming beyond performance.

You compared to OOT. What framerate was that at?

As for the shield surfing and silly flying comment.. Hmm righto.

Permabanned
Oh ok. Well my point is nothing you've said would come from someone who actually cares about gaming beyond performance.

You compared to OOT. What framerate was that at?

As for the shield surfing and silly flying comment.. Hmm righto.

I want both though performance and quality and i think i care about gaming considering i started on a pentium 3 800 and my first was some simon the sorcerer and settlers demo on the commodore. And here i am still i have grown tried of game after game.

The mechanics i mentioned are just my triggers, I could enjoy the game but i could never enjoy 30fps on an ips period.

Back
Top Bottom