If you could make one currently legal thing illegal...

That's good because I said flag FLYING not waving.

Flying, waving same principle, pointless and as un-British as it gets. Everyone who does this with the Union flag should be shunned from decent society and made to live in (the bad bit of) east Belfast till they want to live somewhere nice.

Presumably you would have to own a warship as well? To fly the Union Jack, that is.

I won't even bother going into you other idiocies.

Definition of Union Jack
noun

1the national flag of the United Kingdom, formed by combining the red and white crosses of St George, St Andrew, and St Patrick and retaining the blue ground of the flag of St Andrew. Also called Union flag.
[originally a small British union flag flown as the jack of a ship]

Definition of Union Jack
noun

1the national flag of the United Kingdom, formed by combining the red and white crosses of St George, St Andrew, and St Patrick and retaining the blue ground of the flag of St Andrew. Also called Union flag.
[originally a small British union flag flown as the jack of a ship]

"Union Jack refers to the Union Flag, or Flag of the United Kingdom, the national flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the Union Jack only when flown on a warship and only at anchor."

Listening to music on earphones that don't fit properly (mostly the white ones that everyone wears that came with their iOverpricedgadget) and let lots of tish tish tish noise out that I don't really want to listen to and don't see why I have to

"Union Jack refers to the Union Flag, or Flag of the United Kingdom, the national flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the Union Jack only when flown on a warship and only at anchor."

It is often stated that the Union Flag should only be described as the Union Jack when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From early in its life the Admiralty itself frequently referred to the flag as the Union Jack, whatever its use, and in 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that Their Lordships had decided that either name could be used officially. Such use was given Parliamentary approval in 1908 when it was stated that "the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag".

Cdr Bruce Nicolls OBE RN (Retd)

http://www.flaginstitute.org/index.php?location=7.2

Flying, waving same principle, pointless and as un-British as it gets. Everyone who does this with the Union flag should be shunned from decent society and made to live in (the bad bit of) east Belfast till they want to live somewhere nice.

Most un-British post ever, grats, if you don't like it here you know where the door is, nothing whatsoever wrong with being patriotic.

It is often stated that the Union Flag should only be described as the Union Jack when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From early in its life the Admiralty itself frequently referred to the flag as the Union Jack, whatever its use, and in 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that Their Lordships had decided that either name could be used officially. Such use was given Parliamentary approval in 1908 when it was stated that "the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag".

Cdr Bruce Nicolls OBE RN (Retd)

http://www.flaginstitute.org/index.php?location=7.2

"Yes that's right children, some people are really this pedantic" :rolleyes:

Its a flag FFS

You can fly 1 other flag of your choice on the pole but it must be UNDER the St George's Cross. I think that would promote cultural friendship.

Ticket Touting.

If you can't go to a gig, then tough, or, hand it back to the ticket office for a refund and it can go on resale.

It will stop people paying massively over the odds for concert tickets when on release day a load of touts snap them up then put them on ebay 10 minutes later claiming they can no longer attend.

Makes my blood boil.

I think a few simple changes could make the whole ticket touting "industry" collapse overnight. I'd wager that the vast majority of concert tickets on ebay are not genuinely from people who "can no longer attend".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom