If you could recommend only one PC game in history which would it be?

Associate
Neocron was great, but IMO far from the top of my list of recommendations, it was too janky, too small player base, from a company who wouldn't know marketing if it hit them in the face - I'm sure that was part of its charm, but I'm still bitter about how so much epic potential was wasted in that game :(

I agree, the atmosphere in that game was second to none. They threw the game down the toilet and then took a huge dump.

Associate
Neocron was great, but IMO far from the top of my list of recommendations, it was too janky, too small player base, from a company who wouldn't know marketing if it hit them in the face - I'm sure that was part of its charm, but I'm still bitter about how so much epic potential was wasted in that game :(

I agree, the atmosphere in that game was second to none. They threw the game down the toilet and then took a huge dump.

Man I loved Neocron back in the day! Think there is still a small community keeping a version of it going kind of like SWGEMU https://www.neocron-game.com/.
As far as recommendations go its tough cause there is so many I haven't got round to playing yet but for me
SP: Deus Ex
MP: Eve Online

Man of Honour
I went back to Oblivion recently and you forget how clunky and awkward it is.

Both Oblivion and Skyrim its pretty ridiculous - with Skyrim using skyUI and sks or something like that makes it loads better though as you can properly bind (albeit still a bit clunky as you have to redo it periodically) proper quick sets of powers to hotkeys and play it a bit like a proper game :s I'm playing pretty badly as I only had the game loaded up to test video settings and wasn't intending to get into a fight but can see it in action here https://youtu.be/JpDINl4dST8?t=143 with the seamless ability to switch up powers and weapons and use items, etc. from a streamlined set of key binds.

I find the UI and controls incredibly bad and really detract from my experience with those games.

EDIT: As an aside I non-cheated my way to a full Dremora army, and myself and companion in fully custom enchanted Daedric loadouts - took quite awhile but its fun to play with - not much in the game can stand upto what is effectively 4x Dremora onslaught.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom