If you could recommend only one PC game in history which would it be?

Associate
I couldn't possibly do this as I tend to think about whether I'd personally be happy with a single recommendation....depending upon my mood I might want a different genre or difficulty and thus would fail to appreciate a game that should be good.

The game that I've repurchased the most across multiple plaforms would the The Secret of Monkey Island, so I guess that'd be the one if I was held to gunpoint, but as a point and click I'm well aware that's going to be as popular to most as a chocolate teapot.

Soldato
Neocron, pking people with my 5 slot liberator i, dead before they could react

Neocron was great, but IMO far from the top of my list of recommendations, it was too janky, too small player base, from a company who wouldn't know marketing if it hit them in the face - I'm sure that was part of its charm, but I'm still bitter about how so much epic potential was wasted in that game :(

Associate
As far as multiplayer is concerned, I would agree. I'm not sure if it's because I preferred the game mechanics and the overall map design, or if it's just because it was my first proper large scale FPS.

Just everything about it from the level design, graphics (at the time) , weapons/rank system and non self healing stuff you get today. The feeling of a close victory or defeat was unrivaled. I wish they would make a proper remaster of it tbh

Associate
Just everything about it from the level design, graphics (at the time) , weapons/rank system and non self healing stuff you get today. The feeling of a close victory or defeat was unrivaled. I wish they would make a proper remaster of it tbh

Yeah. I'm not a huge fan of the destructible environments to be honest with the frostbite engine, as well as the over the top glare and dust/dirt effects on screen.

Associate
I wouldn't recommend any game to anyone just because we all love different aspects in games.

My most played game was Everquest 2 back in year 2004-8 which i played for approx 12,000 hours.
My next most played games are probably:
Age of of Empires 2 multiplayer conquest, year 1999-2001, on 56k dial up.
Everquest Online Adventures, year 2003-4 (PS2).
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, a free online multiplayer WW2 FPS game.
Battlefield 2 (PC) since its demo release.
Battlefield 2142 (PC) since release.
Battlefield 3 (PC) since its beta.
Planetside 2 (PC) since its beta.

Pet Northerner
Don
SP - Oblivion - I seem to replay this game EVERY christmas time. Love it to bits.

MP (and second choice if pushed) - Eve online - although I stopped playing 2 years ago, it was the BEST online experience I've personally had.

Back
Top Bottom