If you could recommend only one PC game in history which would it be?

Soldato
There's too many games I've really enjoyed to pick just one

Some of my favourites/moments

Ultima online, when they started testing factions I'd create some teleportation runes close to the opposing faction then open a gate in a town and watch mayhem break loose as everyone that passed through the gate got ganked

Unreal tournament ctf instagib, bouncing round blasting away, silly but great fun

Legend of mir, I forget the name of the cave but I used to always attack the same guy (ipip) with my wizard character everytime I saw him in there, I'd walk along with tons of mobs following me, egg shield up then hit him with a lightning bolt, he'd swing at me and draw all the mobs onto himself, I'd then just walk around him laughing as he got low on health, I must have done the same trick hundreds of times heheh, I bet he hated me

Neocron, pking people with my 5 slot liberator i, dead before they could react

So many memories

Soldato
Having genuinely played PC since... well duke nukem/doom/C&C/Dune 2 days...

I'd struggle to find anything that genuinely entertains as much as X-Com 2 with the Long War 2 mod.

Edit: Ultima online was pretty decent though. WoW stole a lot of years from me as well. Still, I think X-Com 2+LW2.

Associate
Having genuinely played PC since... well duke nukem/doom/C&C/Dune 2 days...

I'd struggle to find anything that genuinely entertains as much as X-Com 2 with the Long War 2 mod.

Edit: Ultima online was pretty decent though. WoW stole a lot of years from me as well. Still, I think X-Com 2+LW2.

I'm in the same age bracket. For me, it would be the original Doom.

Associate
Impossible to answer, just like films, if someone asked me my favourite ever film or song and I can only choose one - I might need some time to think... ;)

Anyway off the top of my head, Team Fortress.

Man of Honour
Is this IF you could play it at that time? Or a game from history but played now? As they are quite different..

IF its a game from history, that you could go back in time and play at that time again. Then without a shadow of a doubt, Ultima Online.

Soldato
World of Warcraft Vanilla in 2004 at uni on a rare night IN. Rolled a Paladin, Northshire Abbey and off we go. Lots of beer and cigarettes (i don't smoke anymore :) )

Also Warcraft 3 and the Frozen Throne Expansion - lost hours to those games

Back
Top Bottom